New tank ! Step 1 done.

mach2mack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first step on the road to my first reef tank has been made( been doing fresh water for years). Found a tank and got it moved into the house. 210 gallon with 2 overflows , stand , aqueon proflex model 4 sump , plumbing , heaters , pumps. After taxes going to try to get the rest of the stuff I need to start my first reef tank.

Pongo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Woohoo, new tank madness. I love the journey of setting up a new tank.

Read and research everything you can find here and on other forums. Lots of youtube videos out there too.

Check out the BRS youtube series 52 weeks of reefing - great info.

Good luck on your new reefing adventure. It will be so rewarding.

FLAdaboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!!! If you're not opposed to it, you can find some good deals on here from fellow reefers. Take some progress photos and be prepared for an adventure.

OP
OP
mach2mack

mach2mack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been researching for a while I'm kicking that into high gear now. I have been watching the 52 weeks of reefing series already. I normally over research everything to the point it drives my wife crazy but it seems like with this its not possible to over research lol. I'm going to be going a bit slow and trying to do every thing right. If I'm going to be spending this kind of money I want to try and do everything I can to not mess it up.

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second what Pongo says - I watched the BRS 52 weeks of Reefing and learned a lot - including that no amount of videos will give you what you need. Between the videos (lots of watch time), my LFS, reading, and this forum I'm finally feel prepared to get started with my setup. :) good luck!

rwreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Welcome to R2R!

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, what made you resurrect this thread? The OP hasn't been on the site since a couple months after posting it... 3/2017.

Was a nice looking tank tho, lots of potential.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’ fairly amazing how many threads end at the ‘empty-tank’ stage, or the ‘rocks-but-no-water’ stage. Just when it’s getting good! Ahahahaha.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back