New to RTR

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I dont think I've been on a reef forum in 15 years, so lets just consider me new to the boards. I have done several nano reefs of various sizes from 10g to 29g (12g AIO seem to be my favorite size as I'm starting my fourth one). I have also done a 92g corner reef tank. And had a 180g in storage for years that never got set up and was sold. I have a very supportive wife in the hobby, as long as she gets to pick out the non utilitarian fish, and I stick to a budget we set together. I plan on doing a 100g+ after we move this winter and a monster 500g+ build once the kids get a little older. (It'll be a bit, #2 is still in the oven). Overall, I'd say my skillset is above average, with water chemistry being my biggest strength. With husbandry being my weakest point, and why I signed up. I hope to learn a lot and continue to hone my skills, while also helping to guide novices new to the hobby. Also I'm here to enjoy the hobby with like minded individuals whose tanks I can ogle at. I'll be working on getting some pictures up soon!
Welcome to the R2R family

OP
OP
J

joebailey427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.
A lot of things have changed in reefing should be some good reads on here for ya.
Start a build thread so everyone can see your tanks. Don't forget the pictures we love picture. Most of all.....Have fun..

I've been pretty active over the last couple years. Just not on the boards.

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (40).gif

OP
OP
J

joebailey427

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15884335940444343802169076606875.jpg

Well here is the current build. Older biocube 12 just going to keep it simple. Hydor nano wavemaker, finnex 50w heater, just goint to do some floss, carbon, and gfo for filtration. I'm going to try vibrant and weekly water changes to keep it clean. Got a yasha goby, an onyx clown and bta going in this weekend. I have some other stocking questions over in clowns and anemone if anyone can help. Should be a fun little project to keep me busy before we move.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 170 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back