New to the Forum :)

REDXRUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Will and I have had many tanks ranging from Nano-reefs to 180 gallon reefs/ predator tanks, etc. Two years ago I got out of the hobby when tragedy struck. My 180 gallon reef popped at the silicone, flooding my home and killing everything in the tank. When that happened I closed my tanks and made a break for it (Thousands of dollars later repairing my floors). Recently, I've been missing it so I decided to start something small again. There is now a 46 gallon bow-front with 55 pounds of live rock, a 2" sand bed, protein skimmer, refugium, T5, and some nice water flow cycling in my room. I can't wait to get back into it :) Just wanted to say hi! :tongue:

OP
OP
R

REDXRUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I'm here, let's get some opinions. This tank had the "wife friendly" stand. Aka it looks awesome but has no room for a sump. SO I went with a CPR Medium hang on back refugium (4" sand bed, rubble, chaeto) and a HOB red sea prizm deluxe (came with the tank) in the tank I have dual koralias, and a random pump behind the rock preventing detritus build up. How does this setup sound to you? Anything else you would do?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back