New Trident?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it will be MORE than the more important Trident? I doubt that. If it is then it will be DOA. Rumor is “original Trident range”, so I’m still going to guess about $550, which isn’t too bad IMO. At $650-$700 (original Trident cost), it would be a hard pass for me (and probably most people).

Until Neptune releases the price it is all speculation. This isn't directed at you but just in general. Everyone is throwing out prices be it the maven, trident N&P, or Kamore. Vendors are putting stuff out there but again until you see it confirmed by the manufacture it is a swag.

Again not directed at you as I'm sure we are both seeing a lot of posts across multiple products be it the Trident, Maven, or Kamore.

Hope your day is well.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it will be MORE than the more important Trident? I doubt that. If it is then it will be DOA. Rumor is “original Trident range”, so I’m still going to guess about $550, which isn’t too bad IMO. At $650-$700 (original Trident cost), it would be a hard pass for me (and probably most people).
We shall see…..

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until Neptune releases the price it is all speculation. This isn't directed at you but just in general. Everyone is throwing out prices be it the maven, trident N&P, or Kamore. Vendors are putting stuff out there but again until you see it confirmed by the manufacture it is a swag.

Again not directed at you as I'm sure we are both seeing a lot of posts across multiple products be it the Trident, Maven, or Kamore.

Hope your day is well.
Just sharing my thoughts. IMO if it’s costs more than the original Trident, which is more important to a tank than the NP, then it will be DOA. It will be unattractive at the same price, but if it’s slightly lower, I believe there will be tons of interest.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be shocked if it doesn't sell out initially at any price. Lots of Apex users like myself who would pay a stupid amount to integrate this into their existing systems.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be shocked if it doesn't sell out initially at any price. Lots of Apex users like myself who would pay a stupid amount to integrate this into their existing systems.

I don't know about that. At $300 (wishful thinking!) I'd buy one instantly. At $500 I'd pick one of these up as soon as the spousal unit agrees. At $750 I'd sit on the fence before I finally picked one up after the kinks have been ironed out. At $900 I'd stick with my Hanna checkers.

Automating Nitrate + Phosphate testing is very attractive, but if the price isn't right I think it'll struggle to establish itself.

Stevorino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about that. At $300 (wishful thinking!) I'd buy one instantly. At $500 I'd pick one of these up as soon as the spousal unit agrees. At $750 I'd sit on the fence before I finally picked one up after the kinks have been ironed out. At $900 I'd stick with my Hanna checkers.

Automating Nitrate + Phosphate testing is very attractive, but if the price isn't right I think it'll struggle to establish itself.
For the greater market, I think you are spot on. I believe most reefers agree with your approach.

I suppose my point though is that there is also an Apex Enthusiast group who will gobble this thing up at $995 no questions asked.

Depending on Apex's supply, I wouldn't be surprised to see the enthusiasts gobble them up for months.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back