New video! LPS Coral Care and Troubleshooting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your videos are very well done. I have done well with most lps we've tried but chalice are a weak spot still working on them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome video!

BigMike81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering, I am brand new to LPS and have one candy cane right now. It seems that the led light just isn't powerful enough. I open the window when the sun comes out and the polyp opens just beautiful, sun goes away, it starts to close, but not fully, what would be a good choice for a 75 g with some zoa and candy cane?

Gamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering, I am brand new to LPS and have one candy cane right now. It seems that the led light just isn't powerful enough. I open the window when the sun comes out and the polyp opens just beautiful, sun goes away, it starts to close, but not fully, what would be a good choice for a 75 g with some zoa and candy cane?

LED is such a broad term...there are so many LED type fixtures that more info is needed to be able to determine if perhaps it is the quality of the LED or amount of actual LED lights in question. Can you be more specific on the type of fixture you have?

OP
OP
Vivid Aquariums

Vivid Aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We have lots of options on our drygoods website vividpetsupplies.com. I would look at the AI Hydra 26, AI Prime, or Ecotech Radion XR15. You would need two of which ever you choose for a 75 gallon aquarium. All are completely controllable for intensity and spectrum.

http://vividpetsupplies.com/collections/lighting

Dave

BigMike81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, but the only information I can tell you about it is that it is a zoomed laboratories light with 33 leds 11 of which are blue and had about 61 par at the bottom of the tank.
LED is such a broad term...there are so many LED type fixtures that more info is needed to be able to determine if perhaps it is the quality of the LED or amount of actual LED lights in question. Can you be more specific on the type of fixture you have?

Gamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry, but the only information I can tell you about it is that it is a zoomed laboratories light with 33 leds 11 of which are blue and had about 61 par at the bottom of the tank.

Definitely need more light...I have 75g with 4 T5s and 4 sets of marine LEDs that are working very well. Wish I could afford a par meter to see exactly what my readings are.
Zoas need 100-250par
LPS need 420-440par
SPS need 350-450par

Gamma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23FSL008-4FT216W-06-01.jpg

I couldn't afford anything fancy but found this one that will be delivered tomorrow ...hope it can replace the individual fixtures I have crammed all over the top of my tank.

http://www.thelashop.com/fish-tank-aquarium-light-48-216w-t5-ho-actinic-lighting.html

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back