[NEW VIDEO] Quick Cycling your Fish Tank

SaltwaterAq

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's time to cycle your aquarium and get it ready for your first fish. In this video we walk you through the process of quick cycling. Quick cycling is cycling your aquarium using a pre-bottled beneficial bacteria like Fritz Turbo Start or Dr Tim's One and Only. Sit back and Relax.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick is never good in this hobby.

Most use the term fishless cycling when using bottled bacteria and pure ammonia or shrimp/ghost feeding.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found 2 very negatives of these methods-

1) As a new reefer, it teaches the concept of buying solutions over patience. This set me on a string of a few bad decisions in the first few months.

2) Although effective per test kit readings, I do not think that it can properly replace a healthy bacteria population built up with a proper cycle. It may be fine for the first few fish, but it almost like building a house on a poor foundation, it will fall apart eventually. The people with the best reefs seem to take the time to do it right and be patient.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question - have any one of you start an aquarium in the way this guy talk about or in the way I´m talking about in this article. Even if it is methods in one or another way - both are based on solid ground and long experiences - at least from me. As I understand this video - we both have get the same conclusion based on different experiences and knowledge. This video is published in two different forums - i hope that the mods can merge them.

Sincerely Lasse

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back