New website is launched!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VividGreg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good greg! Do you guys still have the vivid rainbow delight? I hope my frag looks like the pic from your old site one day. Do you guys have an updated colony shot of it?

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Greg. I like the new website a lot. It's very clean looking.

I must commend you on your coral pictures too. They're very true too life. That Pearlberry Invader picture is spot on to your mother colony in your DT. It's very refreshing(and responsible) to see a vendor actually try to truly represent what a coral looks like in real life, instead of misrepresenting a coral with an over the top photoshopped and over saturated picture.

OP
OP
V

VividGreg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks- that is greatly appreciated and means a lot... and I agree ;)
We feel very strongly that the coral colors and health speak for themselves and don't need any help from Photoshop. That said, I know it's not an easy thing to get accurate colors because of the extraordinary lighting we use in the hobby so we've taken great care in this regard. By the way- I didn't take any of the photos that have a black sand background- those were taken by our expert in the store- Jesse.

Last edited:

dsmhero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The site looks fantastic. Great job and hopefully I will be ordering from you guys soon.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome, thank you for taking the time to make all these videos

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I definitely agree with you that it's very difficult to capture the true colors of corals given the harsh aquarium lighting. I struggle with that every time I hit the on switch on my camera. However, I think too many unscrupulous people use that excuse as a free license to 'create' their own version of hyper colored corals. And unfortunately it's happening more and more these days.

Sorry to vent on your thread. As I said before, it's very refreshing to see legit colored pictures :)

Thanks- that is greatly appreciated and means a lot... and I agree ;) We feel very strongly that the coral colors and health speak for themselves and don't need any help from Photoshop. That said, I know it's not an easy thing to get accurate colors because of the extraordinary lighting we use in the hobby so we've taken great care in this regard. By the way- I didn't take any of the photos that have a black sand background- those were taken by our expert in the store- Jesse.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

VividGreg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggest calling the store and asking them to put you on "amazing clam alert!!!". Just made that up :biggrin1: Seriously though- it's worth calling in and asking Zach if he could try and get something special for you.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
" let us know what you think"

Not having instock / out of stock status for customers is a dealbreaker for me. Anyone ever order something to then find backordered. Then you have to take the time to call and cancel. Having to contact Vivid for each and every item stock status first and ask if it's instock kind of goes against the whole idea of fast and easy customer experience (for me).

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 65 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back