New white/pale patch on bird wrasse

Ev8siveaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy black Friday everyone. I woke up this morning to a weird dull spot on the belly of my bird wrasse. He seems to be acting like his normal self and still eating great. I am wondering if this is just a scrape/injury or something parasite/disease related. It's hard for me to tell. I do manage ich in my tank (like many of us do) but I really didn't think this looks related to that. Some of my fish have been scratching from time to time but that's pretty normal in my tank from time to time. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary. Just curious to get an outside opinion on if it's an injury that I can let heal with good diet or if I need to treat him for anything. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20231124_110534_Gallery.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Happy black Friday everyone. I woke up this morning to a weird dull spot on the belly of my bird wrasse. He seems to be acting like his normal self and still eating great. I am wondering if this is just a scrape/injury or something parasite/disease related. It's hard for me to tell. I do manage ich in my tank (like many of us do) but I really didn't think this looks related to that. Some of my fish have been scratching from time to time but that's pretty normal in my tank from time to time. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary. Just curious to get an outside opinion on if it's an injury that I can let heal with good diet or if I need to treat him for anything. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20231124_110534_Gallery.jpg

Bird wrasses are dive- bombers and often scrape and injure themselves
Looks like rash from injury and will heal on its own but keep an eye on area to assure healing and not infection
If it becomes sore, treat with seachem kanaplex or Maracyn two

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back