New YouTube Video BRStv Investigates-Reef-A-Palooza NY 2022 Presentation

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The beginning was promising but I found it to be "more of the same" and very non-scientific without the possibility to really extract anything that will change my view or routine.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed, he didn't really get into how long it would take at a lower amount to overcome the algae or if that was even possible after a certain point. He simply eluded to that he didn't think that there would be enough time to get a clean result, and so drove the test to the ludicrous.

Certianly a valid topic. How much would it take and could smaller doses overcome the algae issue? Perhaps further experiments in this series will play that out.
Just taken from my culture, the algae was thrown there last week and had a some cyano it looks like that the Cyanobacteria developed further and some dinoflagellates.
if pods were really to eat this stuff my algae clump should be spotless now. you won’t see this many copepod in any reef tank.

Interestingly enough my copepod culturing is driven by bacteria meaning that I never have detectable nitrates in this system will be interesting to see if it will spread even further

copepods cleaning a system from dinoflagellates is just reef fantasy @MnFish1 the copepod jars added could of injected enough nutrients into those systems to aid the bacteria to outcompete the invasive species this could be a good explanation why it worked for them.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just taken from my culture, the algae was thrown there last week and had a some cyano it looks like that the Cyanobacteria developed further and some dinoflagellates.
if pods were really to eat this stuff my algae clump should be spotless now you won’t see more copepod than this in any reef tank.

Interestingly enough my copepod culturing is driven by bacteria meaning that I never have detectable nitrates in this system will be interesting to see if it will spread even further

copepods cleaning a system from dinoflagellates is just reef fantasy @MnFish1 the copepod jars added could of injected enough nutrients into those systems to aid the bacteria to outcompete the invasive species this could be a good explanation why it worked for them.
My guess is that during the 10 part series - they discussed a lot of these issues. I don't see the other 10 anywhere

Back