Newbie joining in Canada!

MTLAndy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! New to this hobby, but have guidance from a family member who’s been doing it for a while. Starting with a 45 gallon nano tank, then the plan is to get a 5-6 footer once the wive approves :) cycle is going fast since i got water from my family.
Starting off with baby fish; a few tangs (i know ill get criticized for this, but they are all between 1-2 inches, and the plan is to upgrade within 1 year!!) , clowns, dwarf lionfish (if i can find one)… maybe a snowflake eel one day / but worried about him getting out of the tank.

Will also add corals, so no plans on angelfish.
Looking forward to learning from you all!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! It sounds like an exciting build you have going on. Consider starting a build thread so you can post pics and we can all see your progress.
Snowflake eels are fun, I have one in my 75 gal that I enjoy watching and feeding.
I consider myself an Honorary Canadian by marriage, my wife is from Cornwall not too far from Montreal! Have some Poutine and stay warm up there :)
French Fries GIF by Harvey's

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! New to this hobby, but have guidance from a family member who’s been doing it for a while. Starting with a 45 gallon nano tank, then the plan is to get a 5-6 footer once the wive approves :) cycle is going fast since i got water from my family.
Starting off with baby fish; a few tangs (i know ill get criticized for this, but they are all between 1-2 inches, and the plan is to upgrade within 1 year!!) , clowns, dwarf lionfish (if i can find one)… maybe a snowflake eel one day / but worried about him getting out of the tank.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Its awesome you have built in mentors within your family!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). As you get more tanks, you might consider doing thread for each one (entirely up to you), but you only get one badge.

This might help you find people local to you in Montreal:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

danielankeny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Welcome!

Back