newest addition to the tank

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought i would indroduce my newest addition to the tank. got him just this afternoon for a great deal that i could not pass up. been in the tank for only a few hours and look what he has done. took to pellet food after about 10 min in the tank then started to build this house with the big pile of crushed coral skeleton we had ready for him. the best part is he did it right in the VERY front of the tank. hope he stays there. sorry for the terrible pics. i did not feel like pulling out the tripod.

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my orange diamond goby jumped the first night. thankfully, though, he jumped into the overflow :p Had a heck of a time getting that net and my fat arm in there :D

i ended up buying some gutter guard, and was going to attach it to some acrylic in which i had cut the hole sizes of my tank, but was afraid it was going to "screen" my corals from my lights.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude did you get those two that was selling in your area? If so I want the other!!

OP
OP
EliteReefs

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i did. only took one though. he said the other went carpet surfing last night while in the holding container waiting for me. i was planning on both though. killer deal huh??

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So can I have the one??? :D

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these, but he jumped through a 1/2" gap and went surfing. I will probably get another one soon since my new tank has a lid. They are so fun to watch.

OP
OP
EliteReefs

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these, but he jumped through a 1/2" gap and went surfing. I will probably get another one soon since my new tank has a lid. They are so fun to watch.

I did a ton of research before buying him like I do with just about everything i put in my tank and i think i will be ok. The entire tank is covered with a full hood and I even blocked the back compartments. with a mesh just in case.

this morning he packed up his house and kmoved it to the other side of the tank. i put in two huge piles of tiny dead coral peices and every bit of it is gone. they say as long as it keeps being used to keep giving it so thats what i'm doing.

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill post a pic of what i have over my tanks. It keeps all my wrasses in, and doesnt block any light at all.

Its clear casting net, and its installed in an aluminum screen frame. Just install the netting like you would screen into the frame. You can make it nearly any size.

Saltysteele

Bret
View Badges
Reaction score
in a van, down by the river in South Haven, MI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill post a pic of what i have over my tanks. It keeps all my wrasses in, and doesnt block any light at all.

Its clear casting net, and its installed in an aluminum screen frame. Just install the netting like you would screen into the frame. You can make it nearly any size.
i didn't even think about screen frame
casting net, as in fishing?

Back