Nicrew light settings

Mongo1.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to saltwater tanks. Need help with the light settings for the controller. I have 2 Nicrew 100 watt lights on a 55gal aquarium (18in high) with Nicrew controller. Like the blue look especially when I get to adding coral at some point in the future. Any ideas?
1000017987.jpg

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how high off the water they are, 25 inches from sand to light you can run 90 to 95% blue with 30% white should put you around 70 to 100 PAR on the sand, the middle section of the tank could be higher were the lights over lap. It will drop in the corners and ends. , Don't take my word for it, you need a PAR meter.

OP
OP
M

Mongo1.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how high off the water they are, 25 inches from sand to light you can run 90 to 95% blue with 30% white should put you around 70 to 100 PAR on the sand, the middle section of the tank could be higher were the lights over lap. It will drop in the corners and ends. , Don't take my word for it, you need a PAR meter.
Good estimation on the height. Just measured it as 27in. Yeah, was trying to avoid buying one. Guess I'll go ahead and get one, but thanks for the estimate. Will use that till I get the meter in.

benbalter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good estimation on the height. Just measured it as 27in. Yeah, was trying to avoid buying one. Guess I'll go ahead and get one, but thanks for the estimate. Will use that till I get the meter in.
Why buy one? Rent it form BRS (bulkreefsupply.com)

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many LFS's will rent out the par meter, no need to buy it. Its super expensive and once you use it, no need to use it again (unless you set up a new tank or change your lights)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 103 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 79 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 39 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back