No Labor day sale?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Labor day sale this year?
They do..just very targeted. And with MAP pricing...what's the point?!? The bigger / most desirable vendors have zero reason to discount their goods as people are already buying at full price....granted complaining the entire time..but they stuff is flying off the shelves. As such, no real reason for a sale to boost sales.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking the same thing. I did see that brs had all hanah testers on sale and I jumped on the site to get a hr Nitrate checker but they are out of stock.

OP
OP
pfoxgrover

pfoxgrover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do..just very targeted. And with MAP pricing...what's the point?!? The bigger / most desirable vendors have zero reason to discount their goods as people are already buying at full price....granted complaining the entire time..but they stuff is flying off the shelves. As such, no real reason for a sale to boost sales.
Looks like every day to me, closeout items, Hannah, and Fiji cube.

Medici

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they tried to say they didn't have a Labor Day sale last year so they could give staff the day off.

saltwateraquarium.com has 10% off site wide

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they tried to say they didn't have a Labor Day sale last year so they could give staff the day off.

saltwateraquarium.com has 10% off site wide
Yeah. It’s definitely a misdirect. They don’t need people working to leave their website up with discounts. Either they are trying to increase their buy out metrics or they just don’t need to justify higher sales at lower margins.

Montiman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should also remember that there is a global supply chain shortage. Typically the idea of a sale is that you might be able to increase total sales volume by lowering the price and winning people on the fence.

Now there is no excess production capacity so it is a choice between selling 1000 units at full price or 700 units at full price and 300 at the sale price. No one would choose the second option.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should also remember that there is a global supply chain shortage. Typically the idea of a sale is that you might be able to increase total sales volume by lowering the price and winning people on the fence.

Now there is no excess production capacity so it is a choice between selling 1000 units at full price or 700 units at full price and 300 at the sale price. No one would choose the second option.
good point...it never occurred to me about selling the SAME amount at lower margin. Yeah, i wouldnt give a sale either. A discount is specifically used for the microeconomic supply demand curve. If you have a ceiling on supply, it makes zero sense to reduce the price. In fact..it actually makes more sense to increase the price until supply equals demand.

Mind blown...i used something i learned in school

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back