No more water changes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No, the ATI Lab and Essentials is completely different than Triton in terms of the brand, supplements and methodology. It was developed separately and does require different methods to take full advantage of the system.

In a nutshell, both systems are very similar and work around the same concept. ATI does have some benefits over the competition though. ATI tests a total of 43 parameters including Salinity, Alkalinity, and Nitrate which are three critical parameters for my reef keeping game. :) You will also save a bit of costs up front as the ATI test kit is more affordable with a pre-paid shipping label and no-cost RO/DI water test included.

-Robert @ MD

Wait so you get to send in a sample of both your RO/DI and your tank water for only $40??

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong if it's 1000ml are diluted with 8.5 liters and not 9 litters right, will be just a little bit more concentrated ?
Just to avoid 5g storage containers and get 2.5 gallons one = 9.5 litters total, 8.5L RO/DI to 1L solution.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong if it's 1000ml are diluted with 8.5 liters and not 9 litters right, will be just a little bit more concentrated ?
Just to avoid 5g storage containers and get 2.5 gallons one = 9.5 litters total, 8.5L RO/DI to 1L solution.

This question is best left for ATI to answer firmly. Personally, I would avoid mixing at a different concentration just to ensure the elements are added to the aquarium at the proper ratio and avoid any complication with calculating the dosage amount.

In order to fit the solution in a particular container, just mix 1/4 or 1/2 at one time using the recommended ratio. For example, if you mix 500mL of solution with 4.5 Liters of RO/DI water you would end up with 5 Liters (1.3 Gallons) of solution. You can then save the remaining concentrate for mixing at a later date.

-Robert @ MD

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Sure, it's just couldnt find anywhere if you can store it after opening and use only half of the bottles to mix. I thought you should absolutely mix 100% of it.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Sure, it's just couldnt find anywhere if you can store it after opening and use only half of the bottles to mix. I thought you should absolutely mix 100% of it.

I spoke with the rep at ATI and they stated it was OK to only mix a portion of the solution at one time and store the remainder for use at a later time.

-Robert @ MD

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No more water changes?

New from ATI: ATI Lab, Essentials, Elements, and DP-6 Doser!

The thing that catches my interest is the dosing pump for $199 that has 6 dosers. You have aquamedic for 4 dosers that $199. Now the question is is the price too good to be true or is there some actual build quality that differentiates this from jebao or other lower price point dosing pumps on the market. The description states they professional-grade peristaltic pumps. What's the professional-grade difference from this pump vs the aquamedic or jebao. And are they made in Germany? The only reason I ask is because for the price point I'd get two and dose 12 things lol. But is it reliable, stable, less chance of having failure than a jebao dosing pump. I know it's not stepper-motor but what's the details. It's a very vague description and I'd like to know more.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
The thing that catches my interest is the dosing pump for $199 that has 6 dosers. You have aquamedic for 4 dosers that $199. Now the question is is the price too good to be true or is there some actual build quality that differentiates this from jebao or other lower price point dosing pumps on the market. The description states they professional-grade peristaltic pumps. What's the professional-grade difference from this pump vs the aquamedic or jebao. And are they made in Germany? The only reason I ask is because for the price point I'd get two and dose 12 things lol. But is it reliable, stable, less chance of having failure than a jebao dosing pump. I know it's not stepper-motor but what's the details. It's a very vague description and I'd like to know more.

The price is nice for 6 programmable channels. Build quality is on par with Aqua Medic's Reefdoser EVO 4. There are enough similarities between the units that one could speculate they are manufactured in the same factory in China (so no, they are not made in Germany).

Regarding failure rate, we just began selling them last week, so we don't have data to provide you with. The good news is that the ATI DP-6 is backed by 1-year manufacturer warranty. If anything goes wrong within the first 30 days, ATI will replace the unit. Beyond 30 days, ATI will repair the DP-6. They will either send you the parts you need to make the repair yourself (if you are able to successfully diagnose the problem) or they will provide a postage paid shipping label so you can send the doser to ATI so they can make the repair(s) for you and send it back. Replacement pump heads are inexpensive and they include two extra when you buy the unit.

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The price is nice for 6 programmable channels. Build quality is on par with Aqua Medic's Reefdoser EVO 4. There are enough similarities between the units that one could speculate they are manufactured in the same factory in China (so no, they are not made in Germany).

Regarding failure rate, we just began selling them last week, so we don't have data to provide you with. The good news is that the ATI DP-6 is backed by 1-year manufacturer warranty. If anything goes wrong within the first 30 days, ATI will replace the unit. Beyond 30 days, ATI will repair the DP-6. They will either send you the parts you need to make the repair yourself (if you are able to successfully diagnose the problem) or they will provide a postage paid shipping label so you can send the doser to ATI so they can make the repair(s) for you and send it back. Replacement pump heads are inexpensive and they include two extra when you buy the unit.

That's an excellent point! Only reason I'm asking is because I am using the apex dos for 2 part on my 57 and this will be an sps dominant tank and I want to give the best possible chance for coloration, growth, and maintain stable parameters and in a way eliminate weekly water changes and make them every other week or twice a month. For $199 so it will be something that I will definitely be adding to the build. Thank you for the info.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
That's an excellent point! Only reason I'm asking is because I am using the apex dos for 2 part on my 57 and this will be an sps dominant tank and I want to give the best possible chance for coloration, growth, and maintain stable parameters and in a way eliminate weekly water changes and make them every other week or twice a month. For $199 so it will be something that I will definitely be adding to the build. Thank you for the info.

The DŌS is unique since it is a part of the the Apex ecosystem and uses stepper motors. We would love to hear what you think about the DP-6 should you decide to give it a try!

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
How long has the ATI method been around? It would be nice for MD to do a comparison between ati and triton

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
How long has the ATI method been around? It would be nice for MD to do a comparison between ati and triton

ATI compares their Labs service to presumably Triton in the table on the bottom of the page here. I will find out how long their method has been in practice and follow-up!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Jcm412

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Does this system require any specific equipment? For example how Triton requires a large refugium and high water turn over etc.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Does this system require any specific equipment? For example how Triton requires a large refugium and high water turn over etc.
No, the ATI approach is focusing on replicating natural seawater conditions through additives assuming the user understands the importance of nutrient export and the various methods of achieving.

Jcm412

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So I see the Essentials come in 500 or 1000 ml bottles. They mix up 5 or 10 liters. I see the recommended dose is 5 ml- 50 ml per 25 gallons of water volume. Is the 5 ml - 50 ml dose of the mixed solution?

Also, is that dosing amount on going or just to get started/established?

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
So I see the Essentials come in 500 or 1000 ml bottles. They mix up 5 or 10 liters. I see the recommended dose is 5 ml- 50 ml per 25 gallons of water volume. Is the 5 ml - 50 ml dose of the mixed solution?

Also, is that dosing amount on going or just to get started/established?

Yes, the recommended amount is of the final mixed solution. For the essentials, it is all about your tanks demand so that would be the starting dose and then adjust accordingly based on your test result.

-Robert @ MD

nine9d

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
There's very little info or product specs out there on the DP-6. How much are you able to dose in one day? Is there a place where I can find a product sheet on this? Thank you.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back