No qt for coral and inverts?

jdm_aquatics!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello so I went threw a massive velvet outbreak wiping out almost everything after letting it go fallow for 76 days I have been quarantining everything coral inverts fish but my problem is I can’t get the super hard acros and some lps to live in the qt tank but do good I’m the main tank. I will be getting pre quarantined inverts from dr reef and only quarantining coral with viable pest. I only get coral from one place with a few tangs and a wrasses or two and that’s it the owner told me they don’t add any new fish so I was wanting some other opinions?

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello so I went threw a massive velvet outbreak wiping out almost everything after letting it go fallow for 76 days I have been quarantining everything coral inverts fish but my problem is I can’t get the super hard acros and some lps to live in the qt tank but do good I’m the main tank. I will be getting pre quarantined inverts from dr reef and only quarantining coral with viable pest. I only get coral from one place with a few tangs and a wrasses or two and that’s it the owner told me they don’t add any new fish so I was wanting some other opinions?
There's really no need to QT corals from a disease stand point. It's very very rare for a coral to carry a fish disease. You should definitely QT them if you want to avoid pest transfer, but even then, most hobbyists don't do this. The most we do is dip our corals to get rid of the possible current inverts on the coral

OP
OP
J

jdm_aquatics!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's really no need to QT corals from a disease stand point. It's very very rare for a coral to carry a fish disease. You should definitely QT them if you want to avoid pest transfer, but even then, most hobbyists don't do this. The most we do is dip our corals to get rid of the possible current inverts on the coral
Thank you for the feedback!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back