Noob ATO question

dthompson0107

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, first time poster. So I’m about a week in cycling my tank and I’m looking to add an ATO. I like the idea of using a float valve. However I don’t have a sump, and have an AIO 40gallon tank. Is it possible to have a float ATO that is not gravity fed? Like a fresh water reservoir sitting next to my stand with a pump leading to a float valve in my tank? Or would the pressure be too much for the line/ valve? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, first time poster. So I’m about a week in cycling my tank and I’m looking to add an ATO. I like the idea of using a float valve. However I don’t have a sump, and have an AIO 40gallon tank. Is it possible to have a float ATO that is not gravity fed? Like a fresh water reservoir sitting next to my stand with a pump leading to a float valve in my tank? Or would the pressure be too much for the line/ valve? Any input is appreciated, thanks!
Hi there and welcome.

Float valves generally are on the larger/longer side for an AIO chamber and typically would need to stay pressurized like with a gravity system to work properly without a controller. That would be a headache for you.

You can do something like the avast ATO if you are against optical sensors.( it has a pressure switch)

Myself, i just use an optical sensor eye ATO like the duetto with no issues.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back