Noopsyche K7 Pro 3

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to share my experience with NooPsyche!

I ordered 3 of the K7 Pro 3s as that's what the site recommended, will be trying to return one as 2 is PLENTY for my 90 gallon. Im running the lights on 15% output and it is still plenty of light. The app is fine, I have had way worse. If you read the instructions that come with it, it should be fairly easy for you. My only complaint is the inability to link 2 lights together (unless I missed something) This missing feature makes it kind of annoying when wanting to set up the lighting in the tank.

Overall, I would buy these lights again! Especially for $180 with mounting bracket.!

EDIT: You can pair them together....I just didn't read.

Last edited:

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to set the lights up so one is the master and the other is the slave. That is how I have my 3 setup. the directions are in the manual for this, but I had to read through it a couple of times before I understood it. If you can't figure it out, report back and I'll take a look to jog my memory on how it's done.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes two is plenty. I reached out to them when I bought mine and they said cover 2 feet. They also do set up as master slave. I have 5 hooked to one master.

T€rm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a link to the website with videos , one is to set master /slave ! Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to set the lights up so one is the master and the other is the slave. That is how I have my 3 setup. the directions are in the manual for this, but I had to read through it a couple of times before I understood it. If you can't figure it out, report back and I'll take a look to jog my memory on how it's done.
Wow...literally right in my face once I picked up my instructions. Thank you for this!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15% seems really low to me. I'm using 2 over my 3 foot 50gal tank and I'm at 80% on the blues and 30% on the whites at peak. 15% is what I go with for the hour or so before they shut off.

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15% seems really low to me. I'm using 2 over my 3 foot 50gal tank and I'm at 80% on the blues and 30% on the whites at peak. 15% is what I go with for the hour or so before they shut off.
Agree. Have 2 over a 75 rimmed tank. 30% all channels lands at about 100par on the sand. I tested 20% and the par down at the sand was around 50 or so, depending on exact location.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30% whites? Here I thought mine at 20% is too much, I've had them at 8% for a long time but noticed when I bump the whites to 20% my coral started to look better. I only have Soft and LPS corals. They're great lights btw, easy to use once you figure out the setup. I use their short youtube guide and had no issues setting it up.

OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at the moment they are over my freshwater tank till I get my salt water tank started. 15% seems to be enough for me to look at the fish while I am at the office while not putting so much that algae grows out of control. Being the tank is close to windows there is alot of light as is so I do not want to put too much.

OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30% whites? Here I thought mine at 20% is too much, I've had them at 8% for a long time but noticed when I bump the whites to 20% my coral started to look better. I only have Soft and LPS corals. They're great lights btw, easy to use once you figure out the setup. I use their short youtube guide and had no issues setting it up.
Yep, I am enjoying them. I set the auto for M-F and I just leave the lights off on weekends as there is sunlight for the fish.

kingranch2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to share my experience with NooPsyche!

I ordered 3 of the K7 Pro 3s as that's what the site recommended, will be trying to return one as 2 is PLENTY for my 90 gallon. Im running the lights on 15% output and it is still plenty of light. The app is fine, I have had way worse. If you read the instructions that come with it, it should be fairly easy for you. My only complaint is the inability to link 2 lights together (unless I missed something) This missing feature makes it kind of annoying when wanting to set up the lighting in the tank.

Overall, I would buy these lights again! Especially for $180 with mounting bracket.!

EDIT: You can pair them together....I just didn't read.

kingranch2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just ran across this old post and was wondering if you still liked your noopsyche. The price is incredible. I've heard the app is kind of bad, but I'd look past it for the price lol. I have a 40 gallon cube with the dimensions. 21.7"(L) x 21.7"(W) x 21.7"(H). I was hoping one would work. Thanks in advance.

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just ran across this old post and was wondering if you still liked your noopsyche. The price is incredible. I've heard the app is kind of bad, but I'd look past it for the price lol. I have a 40 gallon cube with the dimensions. 21.7"(L) x 21.7"(W) x 21.7"(H). I was hoping one would work. Thanks in advance.
IMO I love them, they are quiet and powerfull. They are considered somewhat like a radion Gen 4 from what I have read. My tank is 36x18x12" height and I only use them at 22% intensity otherwise I get crazy par at about 6-8 inches above the water.

I've only used the app a handfull of time. It's easy once you understand it.

kingranch2003

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO I love them, they are quiet and powerfull. They are considered somewhat like a radion Gen 4 from what I have read. My tank is 36x18x12" height and I only use them at 22% intensity otherwise I get crazy par at about 6-8 inches above the water.

I've only used the app a handfull of time. It's easy once you understand it.
Thank you so much for responding. It's really cool to hear a review from someone that actually owns one! I think I'm going to get this light. The price for performance seems amazing. Thank you again

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back