Nori - Types of

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what type of Nori to choose for fish and urchins as dietary supplements: I'm seeing some are Green, Red, or Black...does it make a difference?

Thanks

Skep18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recommend you try all the types that tickle your fancy and continue with whichever your inhabitants eat the best. I bought a variety pack and most of them my tangs didn't care for, one they absolutely wouldn't eat. I suspect you'll find the standard green nori sheets are going to be what gets eaten the best but you never know.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the poster said above, if doesn't really matter. Just get what your fish will eat. I have also tried the different kinds and my fish go crazy for the green nori. They don't really touch the red.

fluked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the red one, fish didn't really care for it
The green regular stuff the asian aisle, tangs, clownfish, even wrasse would go for it

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all! For the sake of simplicity, I'll go for the normal green variety.

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what type of Nori to choose for fish and urchins as dietary supplements: I'm seeing some are Green, Red, or Black...does it make a difference?

Thanks
I use red, purple, and green alternately. The green is stronger texture wise, so it doesn't come apart as easy in the water. whereas the other 2 are softer but from what I have read, better for them. So, I chose to use all. And my fish and inverts eat all of them

OP
OP
R

RaymondL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use red, purple, and green alternately. The green is stronger texture wise, so it doesn't come apart as easy in the water. whereas the other 2 are softer but from what I have read, better for them. So, I chose to use all. And my fish and inverts eat all of them
Thanks....how long can I have the Nori in the aquarium for before I should remove it?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks....how long can I have the Nori in the aquarium for before I should remove it?
I don't leave it in overnight. I put it in, in the morning just before lights come on, and take it out when I get home from work as it is usually gone by then.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.0%
Back