OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
video, some spots this am but looks better, still there added a uUV filter yesterday

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
video, some spots this am but looks better, still there added a uUV filter yesterday

Sorry, that’s way to far from the fish to see ich. I kept saying to myself “zoom in, zoom in!” (Grin).
Ich looks like pinhead white spots on the fins and body of the fish. The locations and relative numbers of spots changes from day to day, with a generally increasing trend. When the spots become numerous, the fish starts showing milky skin and acts sick.
If the number of spots are less than about 30 on any one fish, ich
management with UV and siphoning the tank bottom works better.
Jay

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, that’s way to far from the fish to see ich. I kept saying to myself “zoom in, zoom in!” (Grin).
Ich looks like pinhead white spots on the fins and body of the fish. The locations and relative numbers of spots changes from day to day, with a generally increasing trend. When the spots become numerous, the fish starts showing milky skin and acts sick.
If the number of spots are less than about 30 on any one fish, ich
management with UV and siphoning the tank bottom works better.
Jay

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The large spot on the tang's left side is too large to be ich. There are a couple of smaller spots on the right side that could be. No signs of velvet at all.

The tang has a couple of notches in its fins from tankmate aggression, but that's not a concern as long as it doesn't get worse.

I see lots of bits of food in the water, and you obviously just fed them, but both fish are really chunky. Be sure there is not uneaten food building up under the rocks. You can also cut back on the total amount of food that you are feeding (quantity, not frequency).

I would stick with the hypo for now.

Jay

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large spot on the tang's left side is too large to be ich. There are a couple of smaller spots on the right side that could be. No signs of velvet at all.

The tang has a couple of notches in its fins from tankmate aggression, but that's not a concern as long as it doesn't get worse.

I see lots of bits of food in the water, and you obviously just fed them, but both fish are really chunky. Be sure there is not uneaten food building up under the rocks. You can also cut back on the total amount of food that you are feeding (quantity, not frequency).

I would stick with the hypo for now.

Jay
The Hypo is finally working, I dropped the salinity down to .008. The accuracy of the refractometer are +\~ .002 so it must of been off a bit off. Bought a Milwaukee just to be sure

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back