Not sure what this is

justin atmeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I recently bought a copper and and a powder blue,
I bought them a week apart and placed them in a qt tank, my copper and has been in quarantine for about 3 weeks now and my powder blue for about 2 weeks (all in copper), I’m finishing up now and starting to remove the copper to observe for a week in fresh water without copper before introducing into my DT

now I noticed for the past few days, and when I bought him from my lfs, these white spots on his fins, not sure if it’s ich as he’s in copper or lympho,
Also I notice like black markings on the edge of his fins
Ps: A Day after buying my powder blue I did notice minimal ich on that recover within 48 hrs
IMG_6699.jpeg
IMG_6699.jpeg
IMG_6695.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably lympho.

Also keep in mind, whenever you add a fish to a QT, the whole QT timeline is reset (especially since you noticed ich on the tang).

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey I recently bought a copper and and a powder blue,
I bought them a week apart and placed them in a qt tank, my copper and has been in quarantine for about 3 weeks now and my powder blue for about 2 weeks (all in copper), I’m finishing up now and starting to remove the copper to observe for a week in fresh water without copper before introducing into my DT

now I noticed for the past few days, and when I bought him from my lfs, these white spots on his fins, not sure if it’s ich as he’s in copper or lympho,
Also I notice like black markings on the edge of his fins
Ps: A Day after buying my powder blue I did notice minimal ich on that recover within 48 hrs
IMG_6699.jpeg
IMG_6699.jpeg
IMG_6695.jpeg
This is your third post. The other two has been answered

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What copper did you use and at what level?

That could be the start of Lymphocystis, or a broken fin ray, or less likely ich (seems too large).

As others said, the CBB is pretty thin, can you increase the feeding amount and frequency?

OP
OP
J

justin atmeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That could be the start of Lymphocystis, or a broken fin ray, or less likely ich (seems too large).

As others said, the CBB is pretty thin, can you increase the feeding amount and frequency?
Hi jay, I’m thinking the same, I know he’s quite thin, he barely eats, I put food, and he inspects it, after a while takes few bites, not sure what to do

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s a slow eater, he inspects the frozen brine shrimp then takes a few bites

They are often problem feeders - try multiple times a day.

OP
OP
J

justin atmeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I used oodonex by aqua sonic at 0.25ppm

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jay will try, is there a chance this could end up in his demise
Yes - many CBB starve to death in captivity. The ones collected in Australia do better. You can try chopped mysids, fresh mussels on the half shell, maybe even tubifex worms.

OP
OP
J

justin atmeh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - many CBB starve to death in captivity. The ones collected in Australia do better. You can try chopped mysids, fresh mussels on the half shell, maybe even tubifex worms.
Perfect, thank you so much, I heard a CBB can resist a live mussel, I’ll give that a go

Back