NUVO INT 170 Gallon Complete Reef System

SeaJelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

So I’m looking into getting and starting my first saltwater aquarium. I have a spot in my house that could fit up to a 60”L tank. I’ve been looking for reef ready aquarium sets and came across the NUVO INT 170 Gallon Complete Reef System.

On their website it’s listed as 50% off and is in stock and available to ship pretty much right away. It’s also listed on the BRS website at the same price/discount. It has a 170 gallon tank and 74 gallon sump. It seems like it’s a great deal and I’ve read good things about Innovative Marine.

Does anyone know why it’s so heavily discounted though? It almost seems too good to be true. If it really is a good deal, I have a couple of questions though.

I wasn’t really considering such a large tank to start with, but everything I’ve read and been told is to start as big as you can afford that fits in your space. However, this tank/stand/sump would way around 3000lbs I think.

My house is technically two stories, and this would be the second story. However, this is the main level of the house and it’s just over a slope. Underneath the spot the aquarium would go is just the basement with supports. I’m not really sure if this is something I should be concerned with, because it’s technically the main level. But, I’ve also read that for larger tanks it should be in a basement on concrete? Is this tank large enough for that to be applicable?

Additionally, I’m having an electrician come out because the current circuit the tank would be is only 15amp. I’ll likely have them run a dedicated line. What amp should the circuit be? 20amp is something that I’ve seen a lot as the standard.

Thank you so much for any guidance!

keatonmjenkins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this tank about 8 months ago and I love it. It has some of the best dimensions for an aquarium. It’s super easy to construct and the stand is really nice.

Mine is on my first floor but I placed it running parallel with my Ibeam and I haven’t had any issues.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one too and its a nice system. The display is 135g's.
If you run the sump at 7 " you get 25g's. So around 160 total.
Bottom to water line is 19".
Great tank for the money.
I just had a ext 50 delivered today and will use it as my frag system.
Check my build thread.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back