obligate corallivores

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of adding a fish of this type to my tank. It had been overrun with GSP for quite some time. Rather than just restarting and burning it all, I'm looking at this option.

My questions about this idea are this:

Amy type that would be recommended for a 90g?

Second, are there any that will also eat other food? I'm concerned about what happens if the GSP is ever really gone. This wouldn't be an easy fish to re-home.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of adding a fish of this type to my tank. It had been overrun with GSP for quite some time. Rather than just restarting and burning it all, I'm looking at this option.

Second, are there any that will also eat other food? I'm concerned about what happens if the GSP is ever really gone. This wouldn't be an easy fish to re-home.
Yeah, I have some experience with these fish and honestly I wouldn’t if I were you.
There’s no guarantee that they will eat the gsp and they are extremely advanced fish to keep.
Unless you have a real desire to keep obligate corallivores and the dedication it will require I would look elsewhere.

Personally I would try fenbendazole if the only other option is to restart the tank.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can we see a pic of what you are dealing with? I don’t think you will find a suitable fish to eat gsp, so maybe we can help find other solutions

I just sold gsp to my LFS. 4” rock of it, 50$ credit. They put it in the display, and are asking $100 for it.

Maybe you can get rid of some of it by selling. And use the money to buy replacement rock

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back