Octo Lux 90 10b sump, Reefmat compatibility?

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all!

I have a new Octo Lux T90 and it has the Octo 10B sump. I'm wondering if I can get a Reefmat? I'm trying to cast filter socks out of ny life, but I'm not very handy with big modifications...thanks in advance!!

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I have a new Octo Lux T90 and it has the Octo 10B sump. I'm wondering if I can get a Reefmat? I'm trying to cast filter socks out of ny life, but I'm not very handy with big modifications...thanks in advance!!
I am not able to answer your particular question. But, you can always toss or stop using socks and never use Reefmat.
Or at least give it a try and see if things work out.

My tank filtration is based on Skimmer and bit of GAC (2 tablespoons per 50gal changed every 4 weeks). As a result I get things floating around in the water but corals are doing ok.

1714652612898.jpeg

1714652646384.jpeg

1714652679946.jpeg

Corals should be the main filter and you just supplement if required.

Good luck,

OP
OP
SaltLifeMom

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am not able to answer your particular question. But, you can always toss or stop using socks and never use Reefmat.
Or at least give it a try and see if things work out.

My tank filtration is based on Skimmer and bit of GAC (2 tablespoons per 50gal changed every 4 weeks). As a result I get things floating around in the water but corals are doing ok.

1714652612898.jpeg

1714652646384.jpeg

1714652679946.jpeg

Corals should be the main filter and you just supplement if required.

Good luck,
Thank you, that's helpful!

BigUgliesNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you use a reef mat and a skimmer in the same compartment in the sump?

OP
OP
SaltLifeMom

SaltLifeMom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi! The sump has 3 compartments, the skimmer is in the middle but I think I could put the reefmat where the filter sock is?

BigUgliesNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! The sump has 3 compartments, the skimmer is in the middle but I think I could put the reefmat where the filter sock is?
Hi SaltLifemom, I should have phrased my question differently I was actually asking for myself. I have the same set up as you.
So how about it reefers? Can anyone answer my question about placing a reef mat and skimmer in the same compartment.

SimbaAnto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi SaltLifemom, I should have phrased my question differently I was actually asking for myself. I have the same set up as you.
So how about it reefers? Can anyone answer my question about placing a reef mat and skimmer in the same compartment.
Your first stop of filtration is Filter sock and now removing it you Reefmat should take out all bigger food chunks etc. then water routed to take even more gunk (minor) .

So Keep Skimmer after Reefmat. Like water comes out of reefmat and skimmer intakes it

BigUgliesNY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your first stop of filtration is Filter sock and now removing it you Reefmat should take out all bigger food chunks etc. then water routed to take even more gunk (minor) .

So Keep Skimmer after Reefmat. Like water comes out of reefmat and skimmer intakes it
Thank you

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 81 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back