Octopus ?

Robert1994

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter, an elementary school teacher, wants to get an aquarium for her classroom and populate it with an Octopus. Is this practical or the start of a nightmare ?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter, an elementary school teacher, wants to get an aquarium for her classroom and populate it with an Octopus. Is this practical or the start of a nightmare ?
People have done it before, but it's important to know what you're getting into with it and to make the tank absolutely escape-proof.

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think an octopus should be keeps as a pet imo. It's just an opinion tho . Just get some fish .

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im personally not a fan of school tanks. As an armed patrol officer I see a ton of neglected tanks and no one to feed on the weekends or holidays as my department is 24/7/365. When I worked overnights I tried to help them out on holidays but most of them die off over break cause they just leave them with a sinking block that releases food or an auto feeder that runs dry. Just my personal viewpoint

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back