Odd hammer

Delta1389

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had this hammer frag for a few months and it doing well. It got a little beat up at first from the clowns but has done better since I moved it up onto the rocks. Anyway I've noticed it looks different from most other hammers I've seen. The photos seem longer and more spaced out. Some others I've seen the polyps seem like they are so close they can't move. I've read about hybrid euphyllia, do y'all think that may be what's going on here? Just hoping for a positive ID on this guy.

image.jpeg

nemo1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Everyday hammer, I have one and it looks like that. Although I suspect that mine may be getting too much light. Because I have that same species down low that looks more like a hammer would.

OP
OP
Delta1389

Delta1389

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool! Just curious, I seem to see more pictures of them with close together polyps. Mine reminds me more of a frogspawn or torch the way the polyps act.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that the purple/green frogspawn seem to be more like that. Wall hammers are closer together usually. Also I have a gold branching hammer that is together like you are saying.

Back