Offical Fifth Day Creations Build Thread! New LFS!

turboex901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, as most of you know there will soon be a new guy on the block in the chattanooga area. we would love to keep an ongoing photo journal of the process. ill post some pictures to get everyone up to speed. we should be open by the frag swap and everyone is welcome for the "after party" :) Well here it is from start to the store's current state.
construction190.jpg

construction218.jpg

construction219.jpg

construction222.jpg

DSC00320.jpg

OP
OP
T

turboex901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC00429.jpg

as you can see MRC is the weapon of choice on our systems. Andy did an amazing job on all of this.
DSC00430.jpg

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

the display tank is up and running!
DSC00437.jpg

first fish system filling up!
DSC00436.jpg

heres the sump for the middle two fish systems. its a 48"x48"x30" sump with 50 gallon refugium. all in all the 3 rows of tanks will be around 1200 gallons. we want to have healthy livestock from very stable conditions due to sheer volume.
DSC00460.jpg

17400 gallons of return pumps! 3 sequence hammerheads :)
DSC00458.jpg

stay tuned for nearly daily updates, also shout out comments or suggestions. feel free to stop by the shop anytime!<~~~steve

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww man. There goes the neighborhood;). Welcome to the dark side, Steve. Nice progression shots. I'd like to have a store some day :rolleyes:.

sailfin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!! It has changed quite a bit since I was down there. Looking good guys. Are you planning a big grand opening??

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah sweet! Can't wait for opening day!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh and I forgot to welcome 5th Day Creations to Club-Zoa!

:welcome:

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a wonderful looking setup! Can't wait for more pics!

OP
OP
T

turboex901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the warm welcome guys!

gary- hope to see you at the swap! if youre there find me and lauren so we can say hello!

rev- you can welcome me by a frag of everything in the welcome banner lol :)
<~~~steve

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be there. I missed you drunk night at the saucer in Nashvegas before I left. I ran into three people from Ole Miss sitting at one spot at the bar;). I can't for the life of me remember the girl that I worked with in Oxford's name (short attractive blonde-can't believe I can't remember her name now-it'll come later, I'm sure-Brooke, maybe?). I knew she looked familiar when i first saw her. Then someone else from Ole Miss that was in band with me sat down beside me with her friend. Someone else through the course of the night was an Ole Miss alum, too. Crazy night and I got to make a fool of myself (gotta love drunk gibberish talk:D). Enough hijacking;). Just hadn't spoken with you since then:). They had Rogue Hazlenut Brown Nectar-how could I leave...

OP
OP
T

turboex901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is this going to be located?
the store is on mack smith road right off of I-75S and the East Ridge Exit. stop by sometime, were across the street from cracker barrel.

gary- youre talking about blair, shes a great bartender although high strung at times...... look forward to seeing you soon!<~~~~~steve

Last edited:

GotSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok , thanks this was the first I heard about it. I have just been in the hobby for about 6 months.

OP
OP
T

turboex901

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok , thanks this was the first I heard about it. I have just been in the hobby for about 6 months.

its an addictive hobby! if you have any questions about youre tank or need any help let us know :) <~~~steve

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Gotsalt! I hope you will try to come the frag swap in august. And I welcome you to come to a reef club meeting. We are a fun bunch who likes to cut up and have a good time. We have members who keep all diff kinds of corals - so no matter what you like some of us probably keep it and can help with any questions we have. Hope to see you around

Patrick

GotSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on being there. Was just glad I found out about it. Like turboex901 said it is very addictive. lol Hopefully I can find some nice coral to add to my tank.

sailfin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the addictive hobby Gotsalt. I like your screen name to BTW. As Patrick has already shared...I hope to see you at the frag swap or even before at one of the upcoming meetings.

:mrgreen:

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been meaning to post and let you guys know - The store looks AWESOME!! I can't wait to come by and see it. It is going to be so nice to have a store that is run by hobbiest - people who actually care about the hobby and their customers. The store looks sooo top notch!! Keep up the great work and more update photos when you get a chance.

I hope you guys will be around this weekend - maybe after the reef club meeting. What do you guys say to letting the club come by and check out the progress first hand?? I think we are meeting at 1pm at the chili's on Lee hwy. Could we PLEASE???!!! (On hands and knees begging!!)

Patrick

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back