Official REEF OF THE MONTH Nomination Thread!

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 @fishguy242 !

Show me the Mingis :star-struck:
soon,very soon... ;)
20240105_061706.jpg

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am personally tired of all the vanilla same old SPS dominated tanks and the basically black light neon colored mixed reefs so im going to nominate @vlangel. Her tank is very naturalistic which is the look I prefer.
Screenshot_20240105_074657_Samsung Internet.jpg
Thank you Sump Crab, that is very kind.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nominate @JGT

This is his tank

IMG_8172.jpeg
Now that’s unusual! This is the first softie/LPS dominant system that is large. Usually they’re covered in SPS.

Also love how the system has the Leathers and SPS integrated so nothing stands out like a sore thumb.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that’s unusual! This is the first softie/LPS dominant system that is large. Usually they’re covered in SPS.

Also love how the system has the Leathers and SPS integrated so nothing stands out like a sore thumb.
Thank you! Yes, I like a little bit of everything. Softies and leathers are underrated IMO.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Miami! You are too kind. :)
That is most definitely a beautiful tank! @JGT do you have a tank thread here on Reef2Reef? I'd love to follow your reef!

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is most definitely a beautiful tank! @JGT do you have a tank thread here on Reef2Reef? I'd love to follow your reef!
Thanks @Daniel@R2R. Much appreciated.

I have a ton of photos that I’ve taken since I built out my tank but haven’t found the time to document it all. Compounding the problem was that I also built out an addition for which my tank was a major focal point which you can imagine required lots of my time. And then my tank build underwent major scope creep: from a tank, to a tank with a basement fish room, to a tank with basement fish room built into a full wall bookcase fir which I did all the work. My tank story is also pretty interesting but again never found the time. Maybe the time is now.

Although as a mod here with a new, beautiful tank, I see your last post was October and not 1 pic of it wet yet, so I don’t feel so bad. :winking-face:

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Daniel@R2R. Much appreciated.

I have a ton of photos that I’ve taken since I built out my tank but haven’t found the time to document it all. Compounding the problem was that I also built out an addition for which my tank was a major focal point which you can imagine required lots of my time. And then my tank build underwent major scope creep: from a tank, to a tank with a basement fish room, to a tank with basement fish room built into a full wall bookcase fir which I did all the work. My tank story is also pretty interesting but again never found the time. Maybe the time is now.

Although as a mod here with a new, beautiful tank, I see your last post was October and not 1 pic of it wet yet, so I don’t feel so bad. :winking-face:
I really hope your tank becomes ROTM.

I have a keen eye when it comes to detecting ROTM tanks. This tank has potential. I don’t nominate just anyone. ;)

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back