official SCA owners thread/club

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SCA indicates 1 1/4" but looking at bulkheads at BRS it translates to 1". I'll just try calling SCA and ask them. This is too much like work!

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my 100 lagoon.

4x2x20”

best 100 gallon dimensions IMO. Love it. Got a great deal.
DE7CCEBF-7894-44DB-8765-8405B1AA5E2A.jpeg

gerards_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 150g drilled for a shadow overflow I received a couple weeks ago the returns are drilled for a 3/4” bulkhead. If you shoot an email to SCA Steve is pretty quick to respond.

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put my order in for the 150 drilled for the Synergy Overflow! Super excited top join the SCA owners club! Should be shipping to me in Alaska around Oct. 25.

I'll be putting it on a custom welded steel stand. Steve said I should have 3/4" plywood plus the shipping foam mat under the tank.

I emailed Taylor at Exotic Marine Systems to see if his overflow would fit, and it does! I've also read (on here?) that Modular Marine will modify their overflows to fit the Synergy hole pattern. So now I need to decide: Synergy Shadow, Exotic Marine, or Modular Marine? Anyone have thoughts?

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just put my order in for the 150 drilled for the Synergy Overflow! Super excited top join the SCA owners club! Should be shipping to me in Alaska around Oct. 25.

I'll be putting it on a custom welded steel stand. Steve said I should have 3/4" plywood plus the shipping foam mat under the tank.

I emailed Taylor at Exotic Marine Systems to see if his overflow would fit, and it does! I've also read (on here?) that Modular Marine will modify their overflows to fit the Synergy hole pattern. So now I need to decide: Synergy Shadow, Exotic Marine, or Modular Marine? Anyone have thoughts?

I have the exotic marine on my SCA 120 drilled shadow overflow. Absolutely superb construction and went together easily and without issues. The drain is dead silent.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, SCA 50 cube owners, if you could run either 2 or 4 MP10’s, which would you? Then where would you put them, sides or back, both? Then what would you run, reef crest? Scape is mostly centered and focusing more on SPS than LPS. So, fire away...
I’ve got 2 mp10’s. It’s MORE the enough flow. Run mine on each side. I do short pulse mode but i have mostly LPS.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week I placed the order for the 150 drilled for the Shadow Overflow and it will ship out on Tuesday 11/17. I ordered just the tank and had my LFS order a stand from Planet Aquarium for under $600. Went that route because I do not have all the proper tools to build a nice stand . and SCA wanted about $1200 for a stand.

HiImSean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a 66g setup with SCA sump. The baffles are a bit short. Has anyone ran into flowback issues with outrages if you just raise the sump level with your ato? The baffles are only 6.5” tall but most skimmers recommend 8-10” water depth.

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked up a 66g setup with SCA sump. The baffles are a bit short. Has anyone ran into flowback issues with outrages if you just raise the sump level with your ato? The baffles are only 6.5” tall but most skimmers recommend 8-10” water depth.

I've never had a problem.
My skimmer is actually on a stand to raise it up a bit.
I like the way my skimmer runs in shallower water.
Just adjust the skimmer output.

Aquageek450

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with a SCA 150, I see they offer the tank drilled for a synergy shadow overflow or they offer it with the built in center overflow. What do you guys prefer? How’s is the synergy overflow box as far as noise etc, or are you running a different brand box that uses the same hole pattern? Are there any other benefits to the synergy style box other than it gives you more available space inside the tank? Is the built in center overflow still quiet?

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the external but have an exotic marine overflow I will put on it. The external box on Exotic sits higher on the back so no overflow potential and sitting higher allows for better adjustment keeping the overflow silent. External over internal for better flow in the tank more room for aquascape fewer dead spots for detrits build up.

Aquageek450

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the external but have an exotic marine overflow I will put on it. The external box on Exotic sits higher on the back so no overflow potential and sitting higher allows for better adjustment keeping the overflow silent. External over internal for better flow in the tank more room for aquascape fewer dead spots for detrits build up.

thanks! I did see that the exotic marine has the same hole pattern as the synergy which is good.

Also, I see some people on here got a 150 rimless tank. I didn’t see it on their site, so I sent them an email asking if it’s available. Did you get one with euro bracing or rimless?

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my 120, 20 days in. We couldn't be happier with the way it's turning out. Awesome quality and just gorgeous! Oh, and I used the pad. :)

Attachments

• 20201204_162500_HDR.jpg
    20201204_162500_HDR.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 81

josbur63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.Just ordered my SC150 drilled for synergy overflow,and anxiously awaiting its arrival.Upgrading from a 90 gallon reef ready.I am getting ready to build my stand,and would like to know if I can build it exact to the dimensions of the tank,60x24,or does it have trim pieces top and bottom that I will have to account for.I know my Marineland aqaurium has trim pieces it sits on.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back