Ok getting back in.

Leemcg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I’m getting back into the hobby after losing my last reef tank during a very extended power outage after hurricane Irene. So it’s been a pretty long hiatus. I’ve been reading and following on here for a little while now to try to get back up to speed. I’m starting out again fresh and new. A lot has changed in the hobby over the last 8 or 9 years. Or it could be age is just catching up and I’ve forgotten most of what I learned.
I have a Red Sea Max E170 on the way, and have started picking up some of the necessities. My plan right now is to just take it slow and steady. I’m sure that will go right out the window once the tank arrives, but at least it’s a plan. Until then I’ll be following on here and researching. Hopefully I can pick some brains on here as well. Maybe starting with, are there any ATO recommendations?
I’ll start posting once the build begins, and will welcome any suggestions as I go. If anyone has any experience with the Max e170, and can give me some tips on the system and recommendations I’d greatly appreciate it.
I’m very excited and looking forward to reefing again.
Thanks , Lee

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot has changed in the hobby over the last 8 or 9 years. Or it could be age is just catching up and I’ve forgotten most of what I learned.
Yeah, you ain't kidding! Accepted truths have been placed in the realm of myth, things we never would have dreamed of doing in the 90's and 2000's are not common practice, and even healthier, for todays tanks with the technology and understanding we've gained collectively!

Welcome back to the salt and rock, Lee! And welcome to R2R!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Clownfish.gif

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 56 43.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 61 46.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back