Ok, now I want an apex!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking around on neptunes site, and it looks like it includes everything that I need, even if I add leds. So Im thinking, should I sell my rke and rkl? I need at least $775 to get the system going, I plan on tieing my dt and a frag tank (1 floor below), so I need an extra eb8, a 30 foot usb cable, and a pm1 with a temp and pH probe. I can probably get $800 for the 4 pc4s, 3 temp probes, 2 ph probes, 2 sl1's, 2 rkl head units, an mlc with 6 pods, and a rke head unit right? I can snake the usb cable through the wall, I just need to rip out a little sheetrock. Should I go for it?

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doit.gif

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one for sale so Im gonna do it! Anyone want my reefkeeper? (half serious there lol) Im gonna post for sale now!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know the Apex will do temp and pH on the base model, without having to buy the PM1, right? Just making sure :) The full Apex does the LED dimming without the need to buy the dimming module either.

I'm running the Apex Lite, with two EB8s, a breakout box, and the WXM module to control the Vortechs. I was one of the first people to get an Apex from Premium Aquatics when they starting shipping the Lite version.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see you were adding the PM1 for a frag tank.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, next thing I need is a little help getting aquanotes up, are there any good walk throughs?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Download the Apex Unofficial User's Guide. It's a great document.

CJ

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I pretty much read the guide front to back. Doesnt seem hard to program, basically you make a series of if then statements, and each statement takes priority over all prior statements.

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I pretty much read the guide front to back. Doesnt seem hard to program, basically you make a series of if then statements, and each statement takes priority over all prior statements.

" something like that " , lol. i am going to be new to the apex as well. seems fairly straight forward , just have to start getting the hands dirty with it. i'm more concerned about the pc programming and net control. thats should be fun for me to figure out. u going to get into net control?

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol you know Iam, controlling my tank from my phone? Who wouldnt want that! Glorified timer my &@$! Lol!

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I bought 6 float switches and everything needed for a breakout box, plus a 25 foot usb cable!
*hint* auto water changer!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I did just yesterday:

Got my Breakout box working today, only have two float switches connected to it so far, but they work great. One is for watching my RO tank and alerting me when its close to being full. The other is to watch my sump to see if its too high on the return area. I setup virtual outlets for them so they would be descriptive and not just Switch1 and Switch2. Right now, they are just email alerts, but I'll be utilizing them for safety as well, like turning on/off pumps.

Here is the one for the RO tank:

2011-08-04_21-06-58_238.jpg
G]

And the one for the sump if it gets too high, zip tied to the return pipe. The other two are for the Tunze Osmolator:

2011-08-04_21-07-10_921.jpg

And a shot of the return side and bubble trap of the sump:

2011-08-04_21-07-18_892.jpg

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I bought 6 float switches and everything needed for a breakout box, plus a 25 foot usb cable!
*hint* auto water changer!

I have the same idea, just as soon as I can get the tubing/usb cable in the wall and purchase a EB4/8. That or find an older DC4/8 and use the phone cable.

If I could get the EB8 to work, I'd also consider looking into running remote ballasts in my garage for the MH lights.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back