0   0   0
IMG_3962.jpeg
Sals Bow! Awesome Frag

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question - is Battlecorals a type of competition or are you just referring to the cultivator that you purchased from?

I’m aware of battlecorals as a seller for corals, but I’m unsure if there’s like a competition to it too based on how some mentions are.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question - is Battlecorals a type of competition or are you just referring to the cultivator that you purchased from?

I’m aware of battlecorals as a seller for corals, but I’m unsure if there’s like a competition to it too based on how some mentions are.
This site has a number of grow out contest associated with "BattleCorals" -vendor and supporter active on here.

He's a huge fan of the community and his Live Sales are Amazing, I think I can say that?

So you have probably seen some of his stuff on here, besides this lone Thread. :cool:

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you can have randomized picks from these guys?
If you order a Battlebox , yes you won’t know what you’re getting but it’s always good stuff. This is one I got in a Battlebox purchased in early January
IMG_4768.jpeg

buruskeee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This site has a number of grow out contest associated with "BattleCorals" -vendor and supporter active on here.

He's a huge fan of the community and his Live Sales are Amazing, I think I can say that?

So you have probably seen some of his stuff on here, besides this lone Thread. :cool:
So is there like similar frag pieces from the same colony sent out to a few reefers and at the end of a certain timeframe, they show their progress and a winner is decided?

If so, are there any past competitions to look at? That would be so awesome to see what each contestant did and their results.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is there like similar frag pieces from the same colony sent out to a few reefers and at the end of a certain timeframe, they show their progress and a winner is decided?

If so, are there any past competitions to look at? That would be so awesome to see what each contestant did and their results.
Should be a few threads on here if you use the search “grow out?”

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

As mentioned, BattleCorals is a vendor and also hosts multiple grow out contests. There are currently 6 underway with three just starting. Generally the grow outs start with a vote of which coral to grow based on Adam’s (BattleCorals) recommendation. Then there are sign ups and then the contest itself. The next grow out contests are looking to be this coming fall.

There have been ten grow out contests so far (excluding the 3 that just started) if I recall correctly. Their threads can be found in the BattleCorals forum. The active grow outs should have a link in my signature.

Unrelated to the grow out contests is the BattleBox. You choose the price of the box and requested number of pieces, and he sends a mystery box of corals. He does take some guidance but there’s no gurantee that what you request will be sent. You can also order specific corals if you wanted to, but in my experience, the BattleBox is by far the best value.

Mentioned as well were his sales. His sales are a bit different than others. As a general rule, his sales only last a couple days but it’s a straight percentage off site wide. (I think I’ve seen up to 33% or 40% off site wide). In addition to that he has also hidden various discount codes on the site available for anyone to use if they find them. He also hosts various threads in his forum where he offers discount codes to active posters in those threads.

I am not an employee of BattleCorals but I am one of the organizers for the grow out contests. Hope that helps!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hey thanks a lot guys. I really apprieciate the input posts and feedback!

So, I can often exist in my own little battlebubble here day in and out, and just think everyone out there automatically knows how these boxes work. but I couldn't be more wrong there. I swear I'm more naive than arrogant in that regard.

Here's a good long thread all about my boxes with tons of feedback and pics

In its simplest form, they are essentially grab bag frag packs that I put together and will tailor the selection to any specific tastes anyone may have, based on color structure species, or specific pieces even. I always tell people I'll take any and all direction they may want to give on selection. That really just makes my job easier and I'm sure is the reason these boxes have been popular for so many years now. Usually, if someone sends me list of 10 pieces they want for sure I can usually get at least 6 in or more.

If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to reach out

Back