One thing you did that NOTICEABLY IMPROVED your reef tank?

Have you ever made a decision that NOTICEABLY IMPROVED your reef tank?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 254 82.2%
  • NO

Votes: 52 16.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters

nursebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Divorced Petco and stopped paying alimony....
Trust no one/no store, no seller. QT everything. Nobody takes care of the reef tank ... like a mama or daddy BEAR. Admire, but DON’T TOUCH! lol :)

Swede Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping my alk steady at 10.4-10.5. ca 440 and 1400 mg. The rest of parameters takes care of them self. Dosing AK 2-3 times a week. Regular wc keeps the rest in check. Lots of pods and fresh phyto helps as well.

jnhphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keeping a consistent water change schedule. On my 130.4 gallon I do about 15-25 gallon water change weekly.
Also running GFO as Ive noticed coral death (mostly SPS) with phosphate > 1.0ppm. Now I keep it at 0.03-0.07.
Interesting when I added GFO two weeks ago Phos dropped from .25 to .03 in three days. My big Montiporo started browning. I stopped the GFO and feed reefroids now Phos is .17 and Monti is happy again.

Madonia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting when I added GFO two weeks ago Phos dropped from .25 to .03 in three days. My big Montiporo started browning. I stopped the GFO and feed reefroids now Phos is .17 and Monti is happy again.

dropping phosphate too quickly is a bad idea.

GoBlue923

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For months I have been dealing with a problem with my pumps, a major brand, maybe the most major brand. The pumps would not stay on schedule, keep losing them off the app and the worst part was sometimes the would just stop. As anyone can tell you, flow is super important with a reef tank.

recently I changed out those pumps for the Neptune WAV pumps. I have see a DRASTIC IMPROVEMENT in my tank since that time. Not only do the corals look better, there is no detritus in the corners of the display and the algae that was growing on the rock-work is disappearing. It’s been only a short time but visually everything looks far better and this is the only change I’ve made.

flow/lights/parameters is the Trinity of reefing.
I’ve totally bought into the Apex system but have been hesitant to buy the WAV pumps as there seem to be a lot of complaints about how difficult they are to clean and that even the low setting is still 1800 gph. How long have you had the WAV pump? Do you have any complaints? I have 150g Aqueon tank 72”x29.5”x18” so it’s deep and long. I don’t think the two return nozzles are giving me the circulation I really need. Especially behind the rocks and between the overflows.

TonyP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set mine up 2 weeks ago. What are you dosing? I'm dosing 2 part, nopox, and Red Sea Reef Energy plus
I have 2 Reef Dose attached to my system. Here's what I dose (I use Ocean's Blend, Red Sea and ME Corals products).
Screenshot_20211108-144252_ReefBeat.jpg

Screenshot_20211108-144258_ReefBeat.jpg

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A real and over powered 55W UV sterilizer set flow low to "kill everything" mode.

Just put it in a couple days ago and the water is super clear and the DINO's I've been fighting for 3 months are losing ground Quick!

Back