Online place to get healthy puffer?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, looking for a puffer to add to my tank a little later on. What puffers do you reccomend (125 display six foot tank and a 30-40 gallon sump). I do have a reef tank, I know that these guys dont always play nice with corals but Im willing to take the chance or convert to a FOWLR for the puffer. We had a baby porcupine puffer that appeared healthy from a LFS but developed ich and then just died, found out the LFS had him in full copper for over a month. Not looking to repeat that experience and my other LFS says no to special ordering anything in the predatory range including puffers. They only get the occasional trigger or lion. So Im probably going to have to do an online order hence my question, where can I trust to get a healthy puffer from?

Looking at a spiney box, porcupine or a blue spot. I am looking for juvs to raise them around corals.

Any vendor recs or the best puffer for my tank? Tank is an aggressive to semi aggressive set up

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, looking for a puffer to add to my tank a little later on. What puffers do you reccomend (125 display six foot tank and a 30-40 gallon sump). I do have a reef tank, I know that these guys dont always play nice with corals but Im willing to take the chance or convert to a FOWLR for the puffer. We had a baby porcupine puffer that appeared healthy from a LFS but developed ich and then just died, found out the LFS had him in full copper for over a month. Not looking to repeat that experience and my other LFS says no to special ordering anything in the predatory range including puffers. They only get the occasional trigger or lion. So Im probably going to have to do an online order hence my question, where can I trust to get a healthy puffer from?

Looking at a spiney box, porcupine or a blue spot. I am looking for juvs to raise them around corals.

Any vendor recs or the best puffer for my tank? Tank is an aggressive to semi aggressive set up
Check out “Foxy’s tropical “ in the keys . They actually collect their fish

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out “Foxy’s tropical “ in the keys . They actually collect their fish
Do they?? Ive seen their website a few times and just havnt ordered since I never hear anything about them

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got Hewbie from Petco I had him specially ordered if you have one around you should ask. And here is good too.
I would go nowhere near a petco near me, their saltwater fish are starved sick and dying in my area! Ill look at NYC

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go nowhere near a petco near me, their saltwater fish are starved sick and dying in my area! Ill look at NYC
One lady who worked in the fish section by the way, looked at me like I had three heads when I went to buy some hermits and told me the only hermit crab was a land one and they didnt have land ones… I was like uh yeah not doing that if you dont even know there are saltwater hermits

dmmitchell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Highly recommend Reef Beauties.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highly recommend Reef Beauties.

They keep their puffers in copper, I reached out to them already. I just dont want to have another die on me from that

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah! I wasn't aware. Thanks for sharing with me -- I was planning to get a Blue Spot from them in the near future as well.
Youre welcome! And I really like them but they keep all fish even eels in copper so I wouldnt get a copper sensitive species from them. They say the never have issues but they dont keep track of fish down the road

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 106 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back