Open dosing pump head

Daddio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a three head dosing pump that I will be hooking up and will be experimenting with dosing Ca and alk in two of the heads. I have a third head open...

I want to learn how to dose in preparation for trying to keep some SPS. Before I add any, I want to make sure I can keep my tank as consistent as possible.

I have an ato system so don't need it for that. Also my mg drops so slowly that I wouldn't even know how to I would program that - will just hand dose.

I have been dosing NoPox so possibly I could use it for that or vodka (went for doser over biopellets)

No real food items to dose that don't involve refrigeration or stirring that I can find.

What would you think would benefit most - or just leave well enough alone?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a three head dosing pump that I will be hooking up and will be experimenting with dosing Ca and alk in two of the heads. I have a third head open...

I want to learn how to dose in preparation for trying to keep some SPS. Before I add any, I want to make sure I can keep my tank as consistent as possible.

I have an ato system so don't need it for that. Also my mg drops so slowly that I wouldn't even know how to I would program that - will just hand dose.

I have been dosing NoPox so possibly I could use it for that or vodka (went for doser over biopellets)

No real food items to dose that don't involve refrigeration or stirring that I can find.

What would you think would benefit most - or just leave well enough alone?

Dilute your magnesium solution with RODI so your 600mL (or 300mL depending which Recipe you like) is a more substantial size.....make it total to 1 gallon so you dose it at the same rate as Ca and alk if you want.

I haven't specifically looked into it, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could double up one of your heads to do NNOPOX as well.....calcium chloride (or baking soda, or Mg, ...) may not have any effect on whatever is in NOPOX.

$0.02

-Matt

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 43.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 78 33.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.3%
Back