"ORA" Mandarin for 25$?

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a call from my brother about a "ORA" mandarin for 25$ at the LFS. This seems a little on the cheap side for an ORA mandarin. anyone have thoughts, if it eats i'm going to take. It just seems way too cheap for an ORA.

harley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, they must've been playing some Al Green recently, and had some good breeding, there price has plummeted recently! Just make sure on the eating thing

OP
OP
E

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother went and checked it out, he wouldnt feed it flake, only live brine because thats what all the fish in his systems eat.....needless to say i will pass and hold out until i am 100% on it being an ORA fish. He did find a nice meteor shower frag and a nice sun coral frag though!

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the store I work at we typically sell the ora mandarins from 25-30 bucks depending on the size, the 30 dollar ones are MONSTERS in size...I love watching them eat mysis shrimp right from a little turkey baster, its so cool to see a mandarin do that

A few days ago we had one that would take the mysis right out of your fingers

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mandarin by any other name is still just a mandarin.

OP
OP
E

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i understand that a mandarin is just a mandarin. However, as far as i am aware, the only mandarin that will eat flake or frozen is captive bread (ORA).

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ORA mandarins have a habit of going feral and not accepting prepared foods for long after being placed in a system with an abundance of pods. Also, I've heard that ORA plans to do away with selling their mandarins because there isn't enough of a demand for them (it seems that the majority of people purchasing them end up being unhappy). Perhaps they're dropping prices to clear out their stock?

OP
OP
E

erikjphillips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guess its a good thing i havent gotten one then. i seem to be pretty misinformed about them.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were in the market for a Mandarin and if the ORA one's were availiable I would be more apt to buy one of them and take the chance that it will or will not eat prepared foods. Ether way it is worth a shot IMHO.

x8turbo4x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i am on a waiting list to get a pair so not sure how they cant be selling enough of them

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back