Orange Spot Sleeper Goby

bureau13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I missed my Diamond Goby that seemed fine and then just disappeared, and I wanted another sand-sifter. My LFS has an Orange-spot Sleeper Goby, which honestly looked very much like the Diamond. In the LFS he was burrowing and sand-sifting, and I had read that they were known for this. I think maybe they are actually the same species. Well...this one is mental. He is hanging out vertically against the back wall of the tank. He moves around a bit but that's where he stays, like he thinks that's the bottom. There is no sand up there buddy, what are you doing!

Anyone seen this behavior before?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I missed my Diamond Goby that seemed fine and then just disappeared, and I wanted another sand-sifter. My LFS has an Orange-spot Sleeper Goby, which honestly looked very much like the Diamond. In the LFS he was burrowing and sand-sifting, and I had read that they were known for this. I think maybe they are actually the same species. Well...this one is mental. He is hanging out vertically against the back wall of the tank. He moves around a bit but that's where he stays, like he thinks that's the bottom. There is no sand up there buddy, what are you doing!

Anyone seen this behavior before?
I see it with my Koumansetta gobies a lot, honestly I think it’s just how they feel comfortable.

Also, Diamond and Orange Spotted sand sifter are the same species - Valenciennea puellaris.

OP
OP
B

bureau13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, he finally fixed his internal gyroscope and is now making mounds and sandstorms around the bottom of my tank as god intended :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 101 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.8%
Back