ORBIT 2 NOT SHOWING UP ON MXM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the Orbit delivered. It runs super quiet and everything looks great so far. The issue that I am having is that I got it on Mobius in a few seconds but then when I pair it with my MXM it pairs but does not show up on my Apex Fusion or Classic dashboard. It appears to be an AI issue as I just also added my a Vortech and Vector yesterday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few questions, sorry to ask. I am using iOS so it may be different on an Android.

Open the Mobius app. Then hit the circle with three dots in the upper right. Select settings. Select devices. Do any need updates? I may show a number on the previous screen. I had to update the MXM module and both Orbits.

Within Fusion is the MXM module up to date? I'm guessing it is but wanted to check. Also what Neptune OS are you running? There was also a firmware update a while back.

I ran into a few issues with connectivity but this was my first time using the MXM module so most of the issues are mine, user error by not updating firmware. Once I got that done everything was fine and I see it in the fusion panel.

Oh - if you haven't done so in Fusion, again upper left, click the lock (unlock it) and see if there is a Orbit tile in there. I missed that the first time.

OP
OP
Adamc13o3

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for repsonding.

Using The IOS APP

Open the Mobius app. Then hit the circle with three dots in the upper right. Select settings. Select devices. Do any need updates? I may show a number on the previous screen. I had to update the MXM module and both Orbits. None appear to need to be updated. It doesn't say that anything needs an update.

Within Fusion is the MXM module up to date? I'm guessing it is but wanted to check. Also what Neptune OS are you running? There was also a firmware update a while back. Both are up to date. Neptune 5.11 6A23.

Oh - if you haven't done so in Fusion, again upper left, click the lock (unlock it) and see if there is an Orbit tile in there. I missed that the first time. Doesn't show the tile.... Really weird

Truth be told I don't really care too much about this anymore because I learned I can't use my two vortechs on sync or anti sync using MXM. That being said can I add the orbit to the set of two vortechs in Mobius? I don't see that options to make it a "Child". I also don't see a reverse option anywhere which is really why I got the pump.

Thanks,

Adam

OP
OP
Adamc13o3

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex and my MXM both prompted me today for a software update. Did the update and the Orbit showed up as a tile!

OP
OP
Adamc13o3

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has a sync and anti sync mode which I am assuming is forward and reverse. I now also have the option to create a "group" in fusion and to group the pumps. However, it doesn't offer you the option to put them in sync or anti sync with each other at all, even when grouped. It basically allows you to just program them all the same at once which can be done anyway by copying programming. Unless it does run them in some sort of sync when grouped. Anyone know?

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 7.26.00 PM.png

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm somewhat new to the MXM module and Mobius app but I think group is more for lighting and not the pumps. If you edit/select one of the Orbit gear icons you should be able to set and adjust points. There you will see the anti-sync with a pull down.

Sync means the pumps would be at the same power level and direction whereas anti-sync means it is not. The reverse is accomplished by checking the box with the reverse arrow.

Note: reverse does work but to make full use of it you need a blade, and cage, facing the direction. To scoop the water, or push it, or cut through it. As the pump is out of the box reverse will spin according to the intensity but it will be a smooth pattern as the blades face forward. Hope this makes sense.

1699922527756.png

OP
OP
Adamc13o3

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm somewhat new to the MXM module and Mobius app but I think group is more for lighting and not the pumps. If you edit/select one of the Orbit gear icons you should be able to set and adjust points. There you will see the anti-sync with a pull down.

Sync means the pumps would be at the same power level and direction whereas anti-sync means it is not. The reverse is accomplished by checking the box with the reverse arrow.

Note: reverse does work but to make full use of it you need a blade, and cage, facing the direction. To scoop the water, or push it, or cut through it. As the pump is out of the box reverse will spin according to the intensity but it will be a smooth pattern as the blades face forward. Hope this makes sense.

1699922527756.png
Thanks!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back