Orphek Amazonas 80

bryce.martin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my quest for the perfect light (for me) and its led me to the orphek amazonas 80 or 320. Contacted Oprhek and they recomended the 80 because the 320 is not dimmable nor programable from the sounds of it but then the 960 is indeed back to dimmable and programable. Why they would no make the middle ground light controllable is beyond me. Has anybody had any first hand experience with any of these? How is the PAR, spread, shimmer, side glare. So far I have toyed with radion gen 4 and they blind me to all heaven to the point where I hate to even have them on. Kessil a500 is my fav so far especially with reflectors. Im really digging the light being funneled down into the tank rather than my eyes.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That amazonia line looks amazing especially for people that have to mount them high. Surely you have considered getting reflectors. There's a solution for everyone out there even if it takes a 3d printer. I just don't get it. Controllable LEDs look all the same to me when tuned the same way. I suppose it's kinda like smoking cigars. I don't taste nutmeg, lavender, rose pedal, pepper, etc etc. I taste a cigar. More lower to those that can. I guess I'm blessed to be such a simple man. That sure don't stop me from buying Behikes upon occasion though. Lol

OP
OP
B

bryce.martin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think reflectors are needed for such a light, they have them built into the unit ranging from 15 degrees to 90 degrees. With the whole they all look the same I wish I could jump on board with that but I just cant. I can see clear differences between the AI to Radions from kessil to apex sky. They all def have a unique tone to them. Most of them I cant stand anymore other than kessil. AI and Radion are nice but they blind the tick out of yah unless you throw on these ridiculous looking shades taking away from the overall display of the system.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back