Painted back

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive been back and forth on painting the back glass black, is there any benefit other than looks? Or disadvantages from doing it? I think I would like the look better with the cords, hoses and such hid.

IMG_2318.JPG

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Acrylic black matt paint with a mini roller and small sponge applicator on my 65 gallon. Fast drying and was done in 3 coats (couple hours).

Unless you seal it with a clear coat afterwards the drawback will be imperfections and scratches overtime.

Last edited:

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could u paint the back of a tank that is already Ben set up... ?

I did it on my old 20g mixed reef and everything was ok, however I didn't paint it all at one time because I was scared of the paint fumes. I don't remember the type of paint that I used, that could've played a role too, sorry.

xREEFINaintEZx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would salt over time mess up paint? I like using my magfloat on the back...If your going with a soild color this is what I'd do. Get poster board in selected color, take it to Kinko's or an office store and have them laminate it. Then hit up home depot and get a roll of magnet with adhesive. Now you can remove it and run it under the sink for easy maintenance

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back