Palythoa Grandis

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
It amazing how fast these things grow. I bought a frag of four from liveaquaria.com three weeks ago and already got a baby that was not there when I got them. They was also the brown ones and are turning green as we speak. I guess under the right lights and water quality anything is possible. I use seachem reef plus and complete and feed with Dt's phyto and cyclope eeze. The last colony I had put on 10 polyps in 6 months. I will put on a pic soon. I love this forum, I try to tell my wife these things and she just nods her head. You guys really listen and enjoy hearing about others acomplishments. Thank you for being good friends!!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It amazing how fast these things grow. I bought a frag of four from liveaquaria.com three weeks ago and already got a baby that was not there when I got them. They was also the brown ones and are turning green as we speak. I guess under the right lights and water quality anything is possible. I use seachem reef plus and complete and feed with Dt's phyto and cyclope eeze. The last colony I had put on 10 polyps in 6 months. I will put on a pic soon. I love this forum, I try to tell my wife these things and she just nods her head. You guys really listen and enjoy hearing about others acomplishments. Thank you for being good friends!!

looking forward to seeing some pics... :)

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I call these green button polyps, but I think they may be grandis just b/c they're freakin' huge:
GreenButtonPolyps-0803-1.jpg

GreenButtonPolyps-0803.jpg

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Those are awesome! I love the bigger palythoas. I even buy the ones with no color, as long as they are huge.

ereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The picture shown was not a palythoa grandis.. cool pic though.
Eirik

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 77 40.7%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.7%
Back