Par meter rentals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Morecoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really hoping I can rent a par meter from you guys in the future. I think that would be a great deal for those of us who cant justify spending 400 on one time use

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they rent anything?

Pretty sure BRS is not a rental company, it’s retail. Thats like going to toys-r-us and asking to rent a nerf gun; they’ll just give you a funny look LOL

Shawn Dahl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they rent anything?

Pretty sure BRS is not a rental company, it’s retail. Thats like going to toys-r-us and asking to rent a nerf gun; they’ll just give you a funny look LOL
In BRS last video Ryan mentioned something regarding PAR meter rentals in the future

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In BRS last video Ryan mentioned something regarding PAR meter rentals in the future

I guess I stand corrected- I wonder what their economics are that. Surely there will be a $300+ down payment, then after it is returned and inspected you get a refund of the deposit. So if they charge $50 per rental, that needs to cover “wear and tear” as well as the cost of inspection of each unit in between users. And the cost of shipping back and forth, insured.

OP
OP
Morecoral

Morecoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I'm interested in how it will work out. They mentioned they're looking into rentals in a recent brs video

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this may be difficult for most people still because I think that they will need to charge $50 or so to be making money. Insured shipping two ways, $20. Having someone inspect each device after being used, and wear and tear on the meters. It needs to be worth the trouble, like any business. How many units will they need to be renting out at any given time) (at perhaps 1 week per rental) for it to actually have an effect on their overall profits- 20? 30? 40?

The math is complicated- I am sure @Bulk Reef Supply has quite the excel chart going. I love excel.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they rent anything?

Not yet, but we're tossing around the idea. ;) Maybe $30-$50 for a month rental? I'm not sure how it will work exactly, but if we had a program like this a while back I would've definitely jumped on it!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, but we're tossing around the idea. ;) Maybe $30-$50 for a month rental? I'm not sure how it will work exactly, but if we had a program like this a while back I would've definitely jumped on it!

Yes--- I saw that you guys had already mentioned it after my post. Read the other two! xD

Buddy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$50 per month with a deposit equal to the price of the piece of the equipment. I'd imagine BRS would get 2 years of use out of each unit. 24 rentals @ $50 per piece = $1,200 over two years. Maybe leave an option to purchase the equipment once it reaches a year old? I'm sure this model could work.

However, there would be some responsibility by BRS to clean and disinfect and I'm sure people would be anxious to use it due to fear of some one who purposely dipped the thing in a pool of bleach and copper. I'm not sure how I'd feel about renting something that has been in some one else's tank.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We've had several folks rent them now. Was there any questions about the process or how they work that you had?
I have a few questions, how does the process work, do we have to put full amount down or give a card number in case?

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back