Parameters dropped over the weekend

Stardust2080

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I add 10 hermits last thursday, feeding 20 pellets a day (tdo chroma boost). I also added some dr. tim's one and only. My parameters were Ammonia .1, Nitrite .1, Nitrate 5-10. Ph 8.5., salinity 32.1, temp 77.9 It had been 6 weeks and the seemed almost cycled. The store person said the hermits would help complete the cycle.
I left to see my sick day over the weekend, Had a friend house sitting. I noticed when I got back last night the tank seemed a bit cloudy, A lot of the food pellets were suck in the overflow filter.

I cleaned out the filter sponges today and replaced the filter pads. My parameters were now Ammonia .3, nitrite .3 - .6, nitrate less than 5, ph 7.0, salinity 30.6 temp 77.9

should i do a 10% water change? not sure what to do. I'm going to stop feeding for a few days.

tank is 75gallon, sump 20 gallon.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I add 10 hermits last thursday, feeding 20 pellets a day (tdo chroma boost). I also added some dr. tim's one and only. My parameters were Ammonia .1, Nitrite .1, Nitrate 5-10. Ph 8.5., salinity 32.1, temp 77.9 It had been 6 weeks and the seemed almost cycled. The store person said the hermits would help complete the cycle.
I left to see my sick day over the weekend, Had a friend house sitting. I noticed when I got back last night the tank seemed a bit cloudy, A lot of the food pellets were suck in the overflow filter.

I cleaned out the filter sponges today and replaced the filter pads. My parameters were now Ammonia .3, nitrite .3 - .6, nitrate less than 5, ph 7.0, salinity 30.6 temp 77.9

should i do a 10% water change? not sure what to do. I'm going to stop feeding for a few days.

tank is 75gallon, sump 20 gallon.
So my first question is, what did your friend do while you were away? One thing that sticks out to me is the difference in salinity, which is quite a bit.

OP
OP
S

Stardust2080

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my first question is, what did your friend do while you were away? One thing that sticks out to me is the difference in salinity, which is quite a bit.
just feed them once a day. I started using hanna instrument and might have not gave it enough time the first time. so the Salinity might be similar. The P.H drop is what's worrying me the most.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back