Parasite Control 3-5 Micron Filter Socks

Would you buy 3-5 Micron Felt Filter Socks to control parasite?

• Total voters

AquaHobby31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys!
I just started production on a new line of filter socks for parasite control In an aquarium. The socks will be high grade felt available in 8 and 14 in long for now and will filter the water down to 3-5 micron particles. I need your help to spread the word and help me set a price point that will be beneficial to hobbyists. Let me know in the Poll if you are excited for these to come out.

Salacious Crumb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested to see how quickly these get clogged? Seems like it would be quick. Is there a way to prevent parasites from getting out of it gets clogged and water can get out the top?

OP
OP
AquaHobby31

AquaHobby31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested to see how quickly these get clogged? Seems like it would be quick. Is there a way to prevent parasites from getting out of it gets clogged and water can get out the top?
Thank you for the question...they will get clogged fairly quickly, but the water quality is amazing after use. Several will be needed and they would not be your every day use socks.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they could be a used as a reduction method. A lot of smaller things such as the microbes Cryptosporidium and Giardia require an absolute 1 micron filter. The most common things like ich and velvet are much larger and your filters would help .

jccaclimber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your filter socks better than all of the other 1 through 5 micron filter socks I can get from (just an example) McMaster Carr or any other common source for filter socks?

jccaclimber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used socks at that size range when I need to siphon out more water than I want to replace when cleaning sand rocks, etc, although I normally settle the water first or run a few socks in series to avoid clogging the small one quickly. For continuous use I would think a 2 stage filter roller would be better.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 82 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.7%
Back