Partners in crime!

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT, post #5 has better images in white SPECTRUM .

I know this is a pretty common thing, but for me, it was exciting. I found my pistol shrimp scurring around my prawn Gobi. Sadly, the image is overtaken by the blue LED spectrum. Ican't post any video yet because I don't have a YouTube channel of my own but I'm gonna try to to get one and capture more imaging video because I think it's an amazing thing to have a reef tank at home biodiversity behavior occurring in my own living room. Well, the image is really pretty poor, but you can see the pistol shrimp right it on the goby. Was thinking of adding a yellow Gobi to my reef tank, as now I have a prawn. I'm just not sure how that would go. what happens is I just watch because I found it happening accidentally, but the pistol shrimp just momentarily scurries up around the Gobi then retreats. To get a really good image I have to put the white spectrum on and just wait and figure out a way to upload video. Omg I'm such a nerd but I can't help to be fascinated by this. I'm not sure what's in it for the Gobi to conspire in this chaotic behavior other than perhaps he just likes an area that he can burrow into more.

IMG_5688.jpeg IMG_5696.png IMG_5693.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's also interesting now is the Gobi is becoming territorial right around that area, my mystery wrasse has come around just cruising about, and when it goes around that area, the goby chases him out. xenophobic goby!

OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I got more footage this time with the white SPECTRUM

IMG_5711.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Ballyhoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear I was a normal person before I got a reef tank and it turned me into a complete freaking nerd. I just wish I had higher quality video.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back