Pazipro

jeff williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished up with copper in my qt and it has slowed my bio filter down ammonia is still processing but nitrite has stopped processing all together and I'm having to do 50% WC daily to maintain it (10gal tank) so I'm ready to add prazipro and I have no more cycled media what's your take on dosing prazipro daily? Also the Prazipro is prophylactice no signs of parasites

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished up with copper in my qt and it has slowed my bio filter down ammonia is still processing but nitrite has stopped processing all together and I'm having to do 50% WC daily to maintain it (10gal tank) so I'm ready to add prazipro and I have no more cycled media what's your take on dosing prazipro daily? Also the Prazipro is prophylactice no signs of parasites

You don't need to dose Prazipro daily. Dose once, wait 5-7 days, do a 25% WC and then dose again. 24 hours after the second dosage your fish should be worm free.

OP
OP
jeff williams

jeff williams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to dose Prazipro daily. Dose once, wait 5-7 days, do a 25% WC and then dose again. 24 hours after the second dosage your fish should be worm free.
Ya that was my plan however the nitrite will climb to 1 ppm every 24 hrs so I have to do WC's that's why I was asking about dosing daily to keep thereputic levels

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that was my plan however the nitrite will climb to 1 ppm every 24 hrs so I have to do WC's that's why I was asking about dosing daily to keep thereputic levels

You can do the waterchange 24 hours after the first and second dose. The fish just need that first 24 hours exposure to the prazi for it to work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back