Peaceful anglerfish?

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with you. Seems like they are known to eat anything that fits in their mouth. Anyone have a different experience with them.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they're very peaceful but yes anything that fits in their mouth they will eat. This is more of a problem with angler fish because they often sit and do not move. As such, tank mates may not see it until it is too late, unlike the more active lion fish.

Not that I recommend keeping fish that fit in a lion or angler's mouth at all, but I actually have. I bought a lion years ago to eat damsels and two of the five survived for over a year with him, leaving me removing them the hard way. I've also kept a pair of maroon clowns, the male of which would fit in the lions mouth but they were never bothered. In fact, the male picked on the lion when it got near his anemone. Perhaps that is why :D.

I think the damsels were just quick and smart enough to keep a safe distance. Anglers are very cool I've thought myself about buying one several times but hear they're hard to feed. But divers den is a great start seeing as they eat prior to purchase and are somewhat better adjusted to aquarium life.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 52 40.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 64 50.4%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.9%
Back