Petco selling Gem Tangs??

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty crazy... When I had my last tank, years ago, I did get a few killer deals from them. But I always had them order everything in, and I'd pick them up while they were still in the shipping bags; no way I would trust it coming out of their water. Those kids tried hard, but they just weren't given the hours, or the equipment, to do it properly.

Last edited:
OP
OP
triggered

triggered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, regular price is 599 but 30% off all fish and coral this month.
I walked in to Petco and saw a radion xr30 on their frag tank with a gem tang swimming around. I was looking around like... is anyone else seeing this!? o_O

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, regular price is 599 but 30% off all fish and coral this month.
I walked in to Petco and saw a radion xr30 on their frag tank with a gem tang swimming around. I was looking around like... is anyone else seeing this!? o_O

I don't think people would think high end at Petco, it will likely be a fluke that someone walks in willing to put down that kind of money. You guys do know DD is owned by Petco, so it's the same source. If you have a qt and know how to take care of it, it would be a good deal.

Third. I do think they're pretty, but purples are definitely the most gorgeous of the species... Plus a nice Scopas that turns all black almost looks like a gem, in my opinion.

I have a nice looking scopas, but they are no gem. A nice fat purple is definitely a better looking fish. Pics don't do the scopas justice.

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think people would think high end at Petco, it will likely be a fluke that someone walks in willing to put down that kind of money. You guys do know DD is owned by Petco, so it's the same source. If you have a qt and know how to take care of it, it would be a good deal.

I have a nice looking scopas, but they are no gem. A nice fat purple is definitely a better looking fish. Pics don't do the scopas justice.
My LFS is holding a scopas for me that I already paid for, until I get my tank spun up... It's completely a jet, velvety black, with the line patterns being almost iridescent. No, it's not exactly a gem, of course, but I think it's gorgeous. I'll have to get a picture next time I'm there.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Until I saw a gem in person I didn’t think they looked great but when I saw one in person in a LFS they really grew on me and the one at the petco here looks good even in their poor tank lighting.

ChiSox Rabbitfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the 3 Petcos near my house is really really good at taking care of all aquatics especially saltwater the other 2 locations the employees just don’t care.
The good news is the good petco is having a huge saltwater only sale Easter weekend they are not advertising it but the aquatic guy gave me the heads up

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry, what is DD? I know they own Foster and Smith, so probably Live Aquaria as well.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back