Photo of the Week: Blue Jaw Tilefish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Blue Jaw Tilefish is a brilliantly colored marine fish with an active disposition and the inclination to do housework. They are burrowers that will dig a home out from under rocks to use as cover from predators and a safe haven for sleeping. They require both free swimming space and good cover. For continued health, feed a varied diet of Gamma Frozen Foods and Nutramar Complete Pellets. Click here for more information

blue-jaw-tilefish.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool fish for sure. How do they compare with some of the other sand sifter fish for keeping a sand bed turned?

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool fish for sure. How do they compare with some of the other sand sifter fish for keeping a sand bed turned?
These tilefish will dig themselves a home in the sand (similar to some wrasses), but will not sift through the sand like a diamond watchman goby will. We would definitely recommend the watchman if you are looking to turn over a sand bed regularly, but the blue jaw tilefish will make a great addition to a peaceful reef aquarium!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back