Photoshop?

thedonmeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever ordered from kush corals before? The pieces look really nice but pictures look really saturated. I just don’t want to buy something and get it and it looks nothing like the pictures.

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0208.png

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever ordered from kush corals before? The pieces look really nice but pictures look really saturated. I just don’t want to buy something and get it and it looks nothing like the pictures.

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0208.png

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg
Yes cranked up the blue and than saturation and other tricks. Than they up the price and you don't get the coral to to look the same in your tank

Ask to see it in white light.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Photoshop is a huge suspect

Oiseaufeu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes cranked up the blue and than saturation and other tricks. Than they up the price and you don't get the coral to to look the same in your tank

Ask to see it in white light.
Yeah, that’s very infortunate, but orange filter will filter the blue out of the light before photoshopping it.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My symphyllia coral looks that blue towards the end of my light cycle. Those photos were taken with jacked up lights and a professional camera. You might get those colors if your lights are good and you get right up to the glass and look.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you like the strain Google it and find real life pics of it. If it's worth having, there are plenty of pics online. My lfs sells these high end corals for 20% of what is offered online. Sure it takes a year or two for the latest and greatest, but I'm okay with that. Most of his high end sticks come from local guys that trade frags for store credit. Do yourself a favor and find a LFS like mine.

OP
OP
thedonmeister

thedonmeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the strain Google it and find real life pics of it. If it's worth having, there are plenty of pics online. My lfs sells these high end corals for 20% of what is offered online. Sure it takes a year or two for the latest and greatest, but I'm okay with that. Most of his high end sticks come from local guys that trade frags for store credit. Do yourself a favor and find a LFS like mine.
You’re right on that. I’d rather buy a coral that was in someone’s tank thriving vs someone who ordered wild and broke it down. Unfortunately not too many around me like that. Most of the places around me have bubble algae and aptasia.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You will have that everywhere. My LFS is filled with dinos. Surely there's a good LFS within an hours drive from you. I head 2.5 hours sometimes. It's worth it. If it's a high end coral you can probably ask the online place for pics with white and they will ablige if you plan on spending a few hundred. Here's my LFS. The pics are unaltered and lit with Kessils. He ships coral and inverts. I was offered a gem tang for $325 the other day...
Screenshot_20231231_222730_Facebook.jpg

This stained glass in the top left sold for $70
Screenshot_20231231_223843_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back