Pink clown on side breathing heavy

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this little guy on his side breathing heave this am - lots of other fish in the tank including his mate and all are fine … had him for about a month.

I have stress guard, metroplex, focus, cupramine —- will any of these help him?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Found this little guy on his side breathing heave this am - lots of other fish in the tank including his mate and all are fine … had him for about a month.

Tail has bite marks and other what looks like bite injury on its tail skin area. Looks like a result of aggression and a matter of who is the culprit. the container its in does not seem to have any circulation or holes for flow.
Stress guard is Not what the label implies and the best treatment in a separate quarantine tank will be Seachem Kanaplex or Maracyn 2 with added aeration via air stone.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It is breathing fast (because it was just caught up and put in the container?) It also has slightly cloudy fins. I think you should isolate it in a flow-through container in the tank to see if that helps. Watch the other fish closely for signs of similar symptoms.

Jay

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is breathing fast (because it was just caught up and put in the container?) It also has slightly cloudy fins. I think you should isolate it in a flow-through container in the tank to see if that helps. Watch the other fish closely for signs of similar symptoms.

Jay
No he’s still breathing heavy and was even when he was laying on his side in the DT — do you think full quarantine or the flow through tank?

OP
OP
tb582

tb582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tail has bite marks and other what looks like bite injury on its tail skin area. Looks like a result of aggression and a matter of who is the culprit. the container its in does not seem to have any circulation or holes for flow.
Stress guard is Not what the label implies and the best treatment in a separate quarantine tank will be Seachem Kanaplex or Maracyn 2 with added aeration via air stone.
Ok going to give the Kanaplex a try in QT

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 201 71.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 53 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back